Map of Property of North Carolina State Highway & Public Works Commission, Harnett County
Date: Nov. 10 1943 - Jan. 15 1961 |
Hand drawn blueprint map, by N. T. Smith, Registered Engineer, dated 10 November 1943 and revised several times until 1/15/61, of a 200.859-acre property in Harnett County, North Carolina. Land was used as a prison camp and farm known as "Cloister Crofts," which during World War II reputedly held Italian prisoners of war. The North Carolina State Highway & Public Works Commission acquired the land from Frances R. Ross on 27 March 1933. Diazotype. Scale: 1" = 300'. 18.5” x 21.5”. Marginal holograph note: "Harold Morgan File". Shows owners of surrounding land, including Bud Morgan. more...