Dining Hall reconstruction after fire
Date: Apr. 06 1915 |
Crew cleaning up the dining hall at East Carolina Teachers Training School five days after the fire. Originally called the Refectory, the building is now known as the Old Cafeteria Complex. During the night of April 1, 1915 the roof caught on fire. The roof and upper part of the building were completely destroyed. The cafeteria was back in working order by April 12th. This photo was taken April 6th at 10:00 AM and is one of a series of photographs documenting the reconstruction of the roof. more...