The Teachers Training Quarterly includes ten volumes of four issues each beginning in 1914 and ending in 1923 when the quarterly was replaced by the yearbook and student newspaper.
The Training School Quarterly was designed in 1914 to serve as a professional journal that would publish timely artiles by established scholars , primarily in the field of public education. It also served as the precursor to the yearbook, student newspaper, alumni bulletin, student handbook, and literary quarterly. The staff of the quarterly was elected annually by the members of the Poe and Lanier literary societies, though the student editor annd business manager alternated between the two groups. The quarterly was edited by faculty member Mamie E. Jenkins.
The Teachers Training Quarterly was published from 1914 until 1923 when it was replaced by the annual yearbook, The Tecoan. Sections were devoted to printing the addresses delivered by guest lecturers, news about former students, records of campus events, coverage of various campus organizations, and in the spring issue a section containing the names and pictures of the graduating class and a detailed account of the commencement exercises.
Property rights and copyright reside with East Carolina University. For permission to reproduce or to publish, please contact the University Archivist.
One copy of each issue bound by volume. Remaining copies unbound.