The collection contains a group of copied pages from several sources, with the cover page titled "Wood Tucker Johnson, M.D., Medical Lectures - University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine 1820-1823." Within these pages is a copy of a photograph (presumably of Johnson), a letter, copied pages from books, and complete typed versions of two books. The letter of 15 March 1967 is to Dr. Josephine E. Newell from Frances R. Houston, executive secretary of the University of Pennsylvania Medical Alumni Society, discussing some of the items in the Wood Tucker Johnson collection. Enclosed with the letter is a copy of a biographical sketch of Frederick Beasley, provost of the University of Pennsylvania from 1813 to 1828. There are several copied pages from "An Introduction to the History of Medicine with Medical Chronology, Suggestions for Study and Bibliographic Data" by Fielding H. Garrison, A.B., M.D., and from "A Prelude to Medical History" by Félix Martí-Ibáñez, M.D. Complete typed copies of "Chapman's Lectures on the Practice of Medicine" Vol.1 and "Monro's Lectures" Vol.3 are included within the copied pages. The handwritten copies of both books exist elsewhere within the collection. Finally, the pages include a typed copy of the last will and testament of Wood Tucker Johnson, originally signed on 15 April 1862, and a typed copy of the obituary for Johnson, written in Louisburg, N.C., on 25 October 1862. The obituary was written for publication in the Raleigh Register (Beckley, W. Va.) and the Petersburg Express (Petersburg, Va.).
Of the two handwritten books within the collection, the first is "Chapman's Lectures on the Practice of Medicine" Vol.1 by Nathaniel Chapman. The front page of the book is signed W. T. Johnson, who transcribed the book, and the last page is signed Hugh Jones Hays. The second book is "Monro's Lectures" Vol.3 by Alexander Monro, with the front page signed by James Carlyle, who transcribed the book, and the last page signed James West Green. "Monro’s Lectures" is 250 pages plus 3 pages of contents and blank pages at the beginning and end.
The collection contains two oversize items from Johnson's medical career. The first is Johnson's certificate of membership to the Philadelphia Medical Society, dated 4 April 1823. There is a small metal placard describing the certificate included, likely from a frame that the certificate was once in. The second is Johnson's 1823 diploma from the University of Pennsylvania Medical School. The diploma is preprinted in Latin with some handwritten areas.