This collection consists of four minute books of the Old Sparta Primitive Baptist Church, Edgecombe County, North Carolina, for the period of 1836, and 1899 through 1998.
Old Sparta Primitive Baptist Church was founded January 10th, 1836, by former members of Christ Church at Tarboro, Autrys Creek, and Conetoe, Edgecombe County, North Carolina, in order to have a church closer to where they lived. The congregation disbanded in 1998 and the church building was bought from the Kehukee Foundation by the Old Sparta Historical Preservation Society in 2008 to be used as a community museum. There is also a cemetery on the church grounds. Source: http://dailysoutherner.com/local/x1210032990/OLD-SPARTA/print
Gift of Eugenia Wade for the Old Sparta Historical Preservation Society
Literary rights to specific documents are retained by the authors or their descendants in accordance with U.S. copyright law.