Catherine "Kitty" Smith Joyner Collection

1967, 1994-1997
Manuscript Collection #1195
Creator(s)
Joyner, Catherine Smith
Physical description
1.5 Cubic Feet, 1 archival box, consisting of photographs, and a publication
Preferred Citation
Catherine "Kitty" Smith Joyner Collection (#1195), East Carolina Manuscript Collection, J. Y. Joyner Library, East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina, USA.
Repository
ECU Manuscript Collection
Access
No restrictions

This collection includes 99 identified pictures of historic buildings and state historic markers in Greenville, North Carolina, and surrounding Pitt County that were removed from six foam core boards. The photograph boards were created by Kitty Joyner (who took most of the photographs in 1997) as a program for a Greenville Woman's Club meeting held on October 20, 1997. Also included are envelopes containing 58 other photographs of Greenville and Pitt County images. Non-photographic items in the collection are 11 pages of documentation for the project, a newspaper clipping (1997) concerning state historic markers in Pitt County, the publication "First Fifty Years 1917-1967, The Woman's Club, Greenville, North Carolina," and good quality copies of four composites created for use as placemats of pen and ink sketches drawn (1994-1997) by Roger Kammerer of Pitt County courthouses and historic buildings no longer standing in Greenville.


Administrative information
Custodial History

April 18, 2012, (unprocessed) 1.50 cubic feet; This collection includes six foam core boards containing a total of 99 identified pictures of historic buildings and state historic markers in Greenville, North Carolina, and surrounding Pitt County. In a few cases when the buildings no longer existed, photocopies of images of these structures were used instead of contemporary photographs. Also included are envelopes containing 58 other photographs and three photocopies of Greenville and Pitt County images. The photographs (most, if not all, from 1997) were taken by Kitty Joyner. She created the photograph boards as a program for a Greenville Woman's Club meeting held on October 20, 1997. Non-photographic items in the collection are 11 pages of documentation for the project, a newspaper clipping (1997) concerning state historic markers in Pitt County, the publication "First Fifty Years 1917-1967, The Woman's Club, Greenville, North Carolina," and good quality copies of four composites created for use as placemats of pen and ink sketches drawn (1994-1997) by Roger Kammerer of Pitt County courthouses and historic buildings no longer standing in Greenville. Donor is Mrs. Elizabeth K. Proctor.

Source of acquisition

Gift of Mrs. Elizabeth K. Proctor

Copyright notice

Literary rights to specific documents are retained by the authors or their descendants in accordance with U.S. copyright law.