Collection (ca. 1973) of photographic prints (color), pertaining to Camp Leach, a summer camp operated by the Episcopal Diocese of East Carolina on the Pamlico River, near Bath, North Carolina.
The area that became Camp Leach was deeded by the Rotary Club to the Episcopal Diocese of East Carolina in 1930 when Reverend Thomas C. Darst was the Diocesan head. Camp Leach was located in Beaufort County, North Carolina, on the Pamlico River, and was used as a conference area as well as a camp. It was sold by the Diocese in the 1980s to be replaced by Trinity Center which opened in 1986 on Bogue Banks.
The Donald McGlohon Jr., Papers consist of six photographs of various places at Camp Leach during September 1973. Photographs include views of the Pamlico River, a cabin in a wooded area, kids playing tether ball in the woods, a camp gathering place, and a puppy on a bed in a cabin.
Gift of Donald C. McGlohon, Jr.
Encoded by Mark Custer, March 24, 2008
Processed by Leah Turner April 23, 2018, and Martha Elmore July 5, 2018
Literary rights to specific documents are retained by the authors or their descendants in accordance with U.S. copyright law.
For more material related to Camp Leach, see: