NCPI Workmark
Articles in regional publications that pertain to a wide range of North Carolina-related topics.

One Spark was All it Took

Record #:
Built in 1895, the Piney Woods Inn of Southern Pines burned to the ground in thirty minutes. The fire, which took place in 1910, began in the boiler room where a spark from the furnaces had landed on a piece of kindling. Because the inn was made of fat Carolina pine, it burned quickly and firemen were unable to save anything. \r\n
The State (NoCar F 251 S77), Vol. 47 Issue 8, Jan 1980, p14-15, il