Access to articles in regional publications that pertain to a wide range of North Carolina-related topics.

Teaching and Tartans


Author(s):
Abstract:
Although the doors are closed, Flora Macdonald College, located in Red Springs, Robeson County, lives on through the memories of its alumnae. The liberal arts college for women was supported by the Presbyterian Church and was open from 1896 to 1961. The college was named for the Scottish heroine who lived in North Carolina's Cape Fear region for five years during the Revolutionary War. The campus now is home to the Flora Macdonald Academy, which serves pre-kindergarten through grade twelve students.
Source:
Record #:
7211
Full Text: