Mittie Beaman Gate
Date: 1970 - 1989 |
Black and white photograph of the Mittie Beaman Gateway on 5th Street in front of Garrett Dormitory on the East Carolina University campus. The gateway is named for Mittie Beaman, who was the first supervisor of the Infirmary from 1910 to 1926. The east side has an inscription: In memory of Miss Mittie R. Beaman Sept. 11, 1865, Nov. 12, 1926. The west side has an inscription: Presented by graduating classes of 1927. Date approximated. more...