First organized in 1790, Hadnot Creek Primitive Baptist Church is Carteret County’s oldest church society in continuous service. The building, located on Highway 58, was erected in 1815 for the congregation. Constructed from pine and other local tree species, many elements of initial construction can be seen in the Church’s interior. Today, services are only held twice a year to commemorate the first congregation. There is an ongoing effort in the community to restore the grounds and Church to their 1815 condition.