Van Der Veer House,
The Van Der Veer house was the third historic structure to become part of the Historic Bath State Historic Site. In 1968,
Ruth Bowen Smith donated the house to the Beaufort County Historical Society who gave it to the Historic Bath in 1970. The
gambrel-roofed house was built by Dr. Ephraim Whitmore sometime in the 1790s and was bought by Jacob Van Der Veer in 1824.
The following picture was taken by Adrienne Dunning Rea of East Carolina University.
||Special Collections, Joyner Library, East Carolina University
||Bath North Carolina Tercentenary Collection #1025.1.f.06
||Bath North Carolina Tercentenary Collection