Buckhorn Baptist Church
Date: 1950 - 1979 |
Black and white photograph of Buckhorn Baptist Church, in Murfreesboro, North Carolina. On November 13, 1835, with a congregation of 7 men and 16 women, Buckhorn chapel was organized with aid of Meherrin Church. This congregation guided by its first pastor Elder James Delk held services in an abandoned house of worship located on the grounds of what is now Buckhorn Baptist Church. Since 1835 thirty-four ministers have shepherded the Buckhorn Chapel/Buckhorn Baptist Church congregation. The photograph was taken by Colbert P. Howell, Raleigh, N.C., for the Murfreesboro Historical Association. Date approximated. more...