Men standing in front of buggy company
Date: 1902 |
First established in 1868 on Cotanche Street between Second and Third Streets, the John Flanagan Buggy Company was known for producing some of the finest buggies in the state. After the death of owner John Flanagan, family members took over the operation which eventually became an automobile dealership.
Handwritten caption on verso reads: "(From left to right) 1. Mr. Sutton - wood shop; 2. Mr. D. D. Gardner - father of Tim Gardner (trimming room); 3. Mr. W. E. Hooker; 4. Mr. E. G. Flanagan; 5. Mr. Will Gardner, father of George Gardner; 6. Lewis Johnson; 7. Bill Smith - wood shop; 8. Jimmy Reeves; 9. Rosco Jefferson; 10. little boy in front George Gardner. Complete personnel of J. F. B. Co. Faced Cotanche Street (between 2nd and 3rd St. Scott's Cleaner." more...