First Presbyterian Church
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
WILMINGTON, N. C.
WILMINGTON, N. C.1892—1913BEING A CONTINUATION OF THE
MEMORIAL VOLUME OF 1892.
Wilmington Presbytery requested the Session of each of its churches to prepare an historical sketch of that church, to be read to the congregation, and a copy filed with the archives of Presbytery. In the Memorial Volume of 1892 such a sketch of this church, prepared by Dr. P. H. Hoge, largely from material gathered by Ruling Elder John McLaurin, has been preserved. To bring the history of the church down to the present the Session appointed a committee, consisting of Ruling Elders B. F. Hall, James Sprunt and C. H. Robinson, to prepare a supplementary sketch.
The Session also appointed a committee consisting of Dr. J. M. Wells, Rev. A. J. Howell and Ruling Elder A. M. Hall, to prepare a handbook of the church, in which the sketch referred to should be published, with rolls of officers and members, sketches of the mission stations supported by the church, and pictures of our various buildings.
The Memorial Volume prepared by Dr. Hoge in 1892, contains a complete roll of all the pastors of the church from its foundation to the present time, except the present pastor, Rev. J. M. Wells, D.D. But there have been many changes in the two official bodies of the church, the Session and the Board of Deacons. In this volume will be found complete rolls of all the Ruling Elders and Deacons who have served the church during its entire history.
We thank God for His blessing that has rested richly upon our church in the past. Inspired by His promises we look forward with hope to the future, and we pray that our people may be more and more consecrated to His service. With larger faith and richer love may He lead us forward into nobler service and greater usefulness.
B. F. HALL,
C. H. ROBINSON,
Table of Contents
|1. HISTORICAL SKETCH FIRST CHURCH 1892-1914||7|
|2. SKETCH IMMANUEL CHURCH||21|
|3. THE BOYS’ BRIGADE||23|
|4. DELGADO MISSION||25|
|5. WINTER PARK CHURCH||27|
|6. BETHANY MISSION||29|
|7. QUEEN STREET MISSION (COLORED)||31|
|8. KIANG-YIN STATION||33|
|9. FIRST CHURCH SUNDAY SCHOOL||35|
|10. MISSION SUNDAY SCHOOLS||37|
|2. BOARD OF DEACONS||46|
|5. SUNDAY SCHOOLS||50|
|1. OF ELDERS||54|
|2. OF DEACONS||55|
|3. OF COMMUNICANTS||56|
|4. OF COMMUNICANTS AT DELGADO||71|
|FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, WILMINGTON||Frontispiece FACING PAGE|
|MANSE, FIRST CHURCH||14|
|BOYS’ BRIGADE ARMORY||22|
|DELGADO MISSIONS CHAPEL||24|
|WINTER PARK CHURCH||26|
|BETHANY MISSION CHAPEL||29|
|QUEEN STREET MISSION||30|
|JAMES SPRUNT MALE ACADEMY, KIANG-YIN||32|
|CHADBOURN MEMORIAL HALL||34|
|MARION MISSION KINDERGARTEN||36|
|IMMANUEL MISSION HOUSE||40|
|LUOLA MURCHISON SPRUNT ACADEMY, KIANG-YIN||48|
|WRIGHTSVILLE BEACH CHAPEL||50|
First Preshyterian Church of Wilmington
The seventy-fifth anniversary of the founding of the First Presbyterian Church of Wilmington, N. C., was celebrated with appropriate services December 9th to 11th, 1892.
The pastor, Rev. Peyton H. Hoge, D.D., issued a Memorial Volume, containing an historical sketch of the church, prepared by himself, the sermons and addresses delivered on that occasion, together with a roll of all the pastors and officers of the church from its foundation, and a roll of the members then living. This volume is in the hands of many of the present members of the congregation, and the following sketch takes up the history of the church from that date.
Early in his pastorate, Dr. Hoge introduced the custom of Quarterly Congregational Meetings. The first Quarterly Meeting of 1893 was held on January 12th, and at this meeting the congregation resolved to build a larger Sunday School room in connection with the Abbie Chadbourn Memorial Hall, provided for in the will of Ruling Elder George Chadbourn, who died July 8, 1891.
Individual subscriptions, payable in quarterly installments, having already been secured for building and loan stock to cover the cost of the Sunday School building, the congregation authorized the Trustees to execute a mortgage in the sum of $5,000 on the Manse on the eastern end of the church lot, and appointed the necessary committees to secure plans and erect the building. This mortgage was subsequently executed for $4,500, but on account of the suspension of the bank in which the Chadbourn Memorial Fund had been deposited, the congregation, on June 26, 1893, authorized
the Trustees to increase the mortgage to $6,000, and to borrow from $4,000 to $5,000 more, as might be required, on the indorsement of certain members of the congregation, with the bank certificate of the memorial fund as collateral.
This building was completed early in 1894. The second floor, the Abbie Chadbourn Memorial Hall, was formally opened, for the social life of the church, with appropriate services February 9, 1894, and the first floor, the Anniversary Hall, for the Sunday School, was dedicated February 11, 1894. This building has served well the purpose for which it was intended, and has greatly aided in the social life and Sunday School work of the church.
A memorial tablet in the wall of Anniversary Hall contains the following inscription, fitly expressing the sentiments of the church towards the life and work of its past and its hopes for the future:
ANNIVERSARY HALL, 1817-1892.
IN MEMORY OF SEVENTY-FIVE YEARS OF TOIL AND BLESSING
AND OF THE BELOVED DEAD WHO HAVE GONE BEFORE
WE WHO HAVE ENTERED INTO THEIR LABORS HAVE ERECTED THIS
FOR THE INSTRUCTION OF THOSE WHO COME AFTER US.
“THE MEMORY OF THE PAST IS THE INSPIRATION OF THE FUTURE.”
From March 18th to 24th, 1893, Evangelist D. L. Moody held a series of afternoon and evening services in the Champion Compress warehouse. Mr. Moody was accompanied by Miss Tyson, who held services for children in the First Baptist Church. The pastors of the Protestant churches of the city followed these services by a series of meetings of their own congregations, and there were many additions to the membership of the different churches. From March 24th to April 2d this church received fifty-three on examination and profession of faith and three by letter.
In the spring of 1894 the pastor, Dr. Hoge, was assisted by Rev. Dr. John A. Preston, of Charlotte, in the early morning prayer meetings held annually at this season, another
valuable custom instituted under Dr. Hoge's pastorate and still continued with much interest and benefit to the church. These meetings were followed by the addition of twenty-one members on examination and profession of faith and one by certificate.
In 1895 this church gave its first missionaries to the foreign field—Dr. George C. Worth and his wife, Mrs. Emma Chadbourn Worth. They were married in the church July 31, 1895. A farewell reception was tendered them August 1st, and on Friday, August 2d, they left for their station at Wuseh, China, moving later to Kiang-Yin. As will appear later in this sketch, this church now conducts a successful mission in this field, employing a large number of workers and covering a large territory.
On June 26, 1895, Mr. Barzillai G. Worth, the oldest Ruling Elder in the church, and his wife, celebrated the fiftieth anniversary of their marriage—their golden wedding. With the exception of a brief residence in New York, Mr. Worth had been a member of the Session since 1858. The Session on this occasion presented him and his wife with an address of greeting and congratulations on their long and happy union and the useful lives of their descendants, constituting a large family, without a single removal by death up to the date of this celebration. Mrs. Worth died in December of the next year, and Mr. Worth continued in faithful service as a member of the Session till his death, November 19, 1910. As a token of his affection for the church he loved and to which he had given faithful service as an Elder for more than fifty years, he made in his will a bequest of $1,000 to be used in the benevolent work of the church.
For several years the church had been conducting with varying success a mission in the southern part of the city, and had erected a neat and comfortable building, which was called Immanuel Chapel. On November 8, 1895, the Session, acting as a commission under appointment of Presbytery, organized this congregation into a separate church, with a membership of one hundred and fifteen communicants and
thirty-four noncommunicants, all transferred from the rolls of the First Church. Later in the same month eight other communicants were added to the membership, two Elders and two Deacons were elected, and the Rev. B. E. Wallace, then serving as an Evangelist, was called to the pastorate at a salary of $1,000, the Session of this church having agreed to raise $900 or so much thereof as might be needed for the expenses of the new church.
A review of the work of the ten years of his pastorate was given by the pastor, Dr. Hoge, on Sunday, December 8, 1895, showing the following results:
Additions to membership:
On examination and profession of faith, 375.
On certificate, 133.
By death, 78.
By certificate and otherwise, 246.
Contributions to the church for all causes during the ten years, $145,342.67, a little more than half of this having been for benevolent causes outside of the congregation.
Papers on the following subjects were read at the evening service:
“The Church and the Children,” by Ruling Elder C. H. Robinson; “The Church and the Young People,” by Mr. A. J. Howell, Jr.; “The Church and the Poor,” by Rev. B. E. Wallace, of Immanuel Church; “The Church in Its Missionary Operations,” by Ruling Elder John McLaurin; “The Growth of the Church in Material Improvement,” by Ruling Elder Samuel Northrop; “The Growth of the Church in Membership and Spiritual Life,” by Ruling Elder B. G. Worth.
On Tuesday, December 10th, a reception was tendered the pastor and his wife in Memorial Hall. The congregation presented them with a handsome candelabra and two beautiful pieces of silver, accompanying the same with many expressions of love and confidence and appreciation of their faithful work.
This church had undertaken mission work in Brunswick County, just across the river from the city, in which there had not been an organized Presbyterian Church. This work had assumed a hopeful aspect at a point called Winnabow, about twelve miles from the city. A building had been erected and a congregation organized under the name of New Hope Church. On Friday, October 30, 1896, the Rev. John Wakefield was ordained the first pastor of this church, which was the first Presbyterian Church in Brunswick Country, and chiefly a colony from the First Church of Wilmington.
In the early part of 1897, because of local conditions, at a called meeting of Presbytery, held in the First Church, June 2, 1897, the pastoral relation between Rev. B. E. Wallace and Immanuel Church was dissolved, and the church was placed under the care of the Home Mission Committee of Presbytery.
The General Assembly, in session at Charlotte, N. C., during May, 1897, celebrated the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of the Westminster Assembly by appropriate exercises and addresses. This church extended an invitation to the Commissioners of the Assembly to visit Wilmington and the seashore as its guests, on the adjournment of the Assembly. A large number accepted the invitation, but the Assembly having continued its session a day longer than was expected only about fifteen of those who accepted were able to come. Among these was the Hon. W. M. Cox, a Ruling Elder from the Synod of Mississippi, who repeated in this church an address which he had delivered before the General Assembly, and which excited much interest, on the subject, “The Influence of the Westminster System of Doctrine, Worship and Polity on Civil Liberty and Representative Government.”
A long cherished desire of the pastor to visit the Holy Land was made possible by the action of the congregation October 17, 1897, in giving him leave of absence for four and a half months, from January to June, 1898. During the pastor's absence on this trip the pulpit was supplied by the Rev. J. R. Wilson, D.D., a former beloved pastor of this church, who
always maintained a loving interest in the church. Between him and the Session the closest sympathy existed, and a friendly correspondence continued after he left the pastorate. The Session wrote him a letter of sympathy on the death of his wife, and a letter of congratulation on the election of his son, Woodrow, to the presidency of Princeton University, in June, 1902, for both of which he expressed the highest appreciation.
After retiring from active service, Dr. Wilson chose this city as the most congenial place in which to spend the winter months of his declining years, and his visits were a source of continued pleasure both to him and the people whom he loved. Dr. Wilson died January 21, 1903, at the home of his son, in Princeton, N. J., and on January 30, 1903, the Session adopted and read to the congregation a memorial of his life. On October 22, 1905, a tablet was unveiled in the church in grateful memory of his faithful and loving pastorate from 1874 to 1885, and as a tribute to his honored and useful life. The sermon on the occasion was preached by the Rev. Alexander Sprunt, D.D., of Charleston, S. C., a son of this church. The tablet bears the following inscription:
IN MEMORY OF
JOSEPH R. WILSON, D.D., L.L.D.,
FEB. 28, 1822—JAN. 21, 1903.
FAITHFUL AND BELOVED PASTOR OF THIS CHURCH
NOV. 1, 1874—APRIL 5, 1885.
A PREACHER OF RIGHTEOUSNESS.
Another tablet in the church is to the honored memory of the Rev. M. B. Greer, D.D., of Philadelphia, who was the highly esteemed pastor of the church from 1852 to 1861, and who died January 23, 1899. Dr. Greer's last visit to the city was on the occasion of the celebration of the seventy-fifth anniversary of the founding of the church. He contributed very much to the pleasure of the exercises by reminiscences of the church and people in the days of his pastorate.
On July 11, 1899, Dr. Hoge tendered his resignation as pastor of the church to accept the pastorate of the Warren
Memorial Church, of Louisville, Ky. His resignation, at his earnest request, was accepted, with sincere regret, thus closing a most fruitful pastorate of fourteen years, during which close ties of friendship and love had been established between pastor and people. On his departure the congregation, as a token of love and esteem, presented him and Mrs. Hoge with a beautiful silver tea service.
In the following October the Session's Committee on Pulpit Supply engaged the Rev. Hay Watson Smith, of Greensboro, N. C., as temporary supply. His services proved highly acceptable to the congregation, and on Sunday, February 20, 1900, he was tendered a unanimous call to the pastorate, which he declined.
On June 14, 1900, the Rev. J. H. Patton, of Marietta, Ga., was called to the pastorate, and he also declined.
During the summer and fall the pulpit was supplied by different ministers secured by the Committee on Pulpit Supply, but the need of a regular pastor was manifest in the failing interest of the congregation, both in church services and in the support of the church's benevolent causes.
On December 16, 1900, the congregation extended a unanimous call to the Rev. J. M. Wells, Ph.D., of Staunton, Va. This call was accepted, and on February 23, 1901, Dr. Wells entered upon the duties of pastor. The congregation proved responsive to Dr. Wells’ ministrations, as shown in the increased attendance, both on church services and Sabbath School, and in the larger contributions to benevolent causes.
The report to Presbytery in the spring of 1902 showed a gratifying increase over the previous annual report, both in membership and cash contributions. And it is worthy of note that each succeeding annual report during this pastorate has shown substantial growth both in membership and contributions, notably the reports for the last four years, which have shown the largest increase.
During the spring of 1902 the Deacons, under the advice of an architect whom they had employed to examine the heavy plastered ceiling of the church, recommended that it
be taken down and replaced with wooden ceiling. The congregation adopted this recommendation, and on August 7th, in a congregational meeting, ordered the change, as well as other minor repairs to the building and new cushions for the pews. At the same time the ladies of the church provided a handsome new velvet carpet for the church. These repairs and improvements were completed during the year 1902 at a cost of about $3,000, and a legacy of $250 left by Miss Henry Rothwell in 1903 was used to buy a new carpet for the Sunday School room.
In the early morning prayer meetings held, according to custom, in the spring of 1903, the pastor was assisted by the Rev. W. McC. White, of Petersburg, Va., and at the conclusion of the meetings there were twenty members added to the church on examination and profession of faith.
It had always been the custom to hold the midweek prayer meeting on Thursday evening, but on May 24, 1903, the Session changed the date from Thursday to Wednesday, to conform to the custom of the other churches in the city.
On June 3, 1903, at a congregational meeting, Rev. and Mrs. R. A. Haden, already located at Kiang-Yin, were elected as missionaries of the church, and their support assumed by the congregation.
On October 4, 1903, Dr. Geo. C. Worth, the church's medical missionary at Kiang-Yin, was ordained a Ruling Elder, just before returning to his station after a visit to his home.
On November 29, 1903, the congregation had the pleasure of hearing the Rev. Dr. H. L. Singleton, of New York, who was pastor of this church from 1866 to 1871, and who, on this occasion, was spending some time with friends in the city.
In the latter part of 1903, the heating of the church being found unsatisfactory, the Deacons were authorized to install a better heating plant, and this was accomplished in the early part of 1904 at a cost of about $550.
On August 1, 1904, the Session accepted from Mr. James H. Chadbourn, then a Deacon in the church, a gift of $600, to be used as a memorial to his two children, George and
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
315 ORANGE STREET
Blanche King, who died in November, 1901. This was called the Elders’ Fund, and the interest was used in benevolent work as the Session directed from time to time until 1910. Mr. Chadbourn, then a Ruling Elder in the Church, having become much interested in the mission established by the church at Winter Park Gardens, one of the growing suburbs of the city, proposed to increase this fund and to build a chapel at that point as a memorial to his children. This offer was accepted by the Session, and the chapel was built at a cost of about $1,800, and dedicated February 5, 1911, and is now used for the Sunday School and preaching services of the church at that point.
In the early part of 1905 the congregation decided to remove the old wooden manse on the eastern end of the church lot, and to erect a new and better building. This called for earnest effort and much sacrifice on the part of the congregation, and, as many of the members had left the city for the summer before the plans were perfected, the work was deferred till the fall. On November 10, 1905, the congregation authorized the expenditure of $7,500 in the building of a comfortable manse. The building, a very creditable one, was completed in the following year, and has not only added to the comfort of the pastor's family, but greatly improved the appearance of the church property.
Early in 1905 a Sunday School was opened in the chapel, built chiefly by contributions from this congregation, in the mill village of Delgado, about one mile from the city limits, and the Session appointed Mr. A. J. Howell, Jr., as Superintendent. There was much interest in the school and marked success has attended this work, which has developed into a successful mission. Later a kindergarten and industrial school and children's playgrounds were opened and supported by a Ruling Elder of the church, Mr. James Sprunt, and his wife, who erected a building for the school and young people's meetings, and equipped the playgrounds as a memorial to their daughter, Marion Sprunt, who died in 1902. The building and grounds were formally dedicated as The Marion Mission in December, 1907.
A similar memorial playground, provided by them for the children of Immanuel Church, in the southern part of the city, was formally opened on February 19, 1908, and the benefits of these benefactions were soon manifest in the improved health and habits of the children for whom they were provided.
In 1907 the Executive Committee of Foreign Missions of the Southern Presbyterian Church accepted Miss Jessie Dalziel Hall, a member of this church (daughter of Mr. and Mrs. B. F. Hall), as a foreign missionary, the third from this church. Dr. and Mrs. Geo. C. Worth were then at home on furlough, and preparing to return to the field. On July 1st a farewell reception was tendered to them and Miss Hall before their departure. Miss Hall is supported by the Jane Dalziel Sprunt Missionary Society, consisting of the direct descendants and the husbands and wives of the descendants of Mrs. Jane Dalziel Sprunt. It was organized April 25, 1907, in honor of her memory and for the advancement of the cause of Christ in missionary work, and undertook to assume the support of any of Mrs. Sprunt's descendants who should offer themselves for missionary service.
Miss Hall left the summer home of her family in the western part of the State on August 26, 1907, and about a week later sailed from Seattle for China in company with Mr. and Mrs. James R. Graham, then returning from furlough to their field of work, Tsing-Kiang-Pu. Miss Hall was assigned to the same station, thus giving the church representatives at two different stations in China.
In the spring of 1907 the Session invited Rev. Henry W. Stough, of Chicago, to conduct a series of evangelistic services. He began to preach on Sunday, May 5, 1907, and continued to present the Gospel with great power and earnestness for two weeks. Many of our most faithful young workers in the church made profession of their faith on that occasion. These services were preceded by preparatory meetings conducted at St. Andrews Church by Dr. J. M. Wells and at Immanuel Church by Rev. Henry Miller, of Virginia. All the Presbyterian
congregations of the city united in attendance upon Mr. Stough's preaching, and the union meeting was a great blessing to the Presbyterians of Wilmington.
The pastor, Dr. Wells, and three Ruling Elders of this church attended the convention of the Laymen's Missionary Movement in Philadelphia in February, 1908, the first great laymen's convention held in this country. The delegates from this church were deeply impressed with the possibilities of the movement towards the evangelization of the world and communicated much of their enthusiasm to the congregation on their return. Steps were taken for a Laymen's Convention in this city, which was held May 16th to 18th, 1908, all the Protestant churches in the city taking part in it. One of the Ruling Elders of the church, Mr. H. W. Malloy, conducted an active canvass, and made addresses in the country churches of the Presbytery during the summer and fall in the interest of the general movement, and with special reference to the Laymen's Convention to be held the following spring in Birmingham, Ala.
This church had for many years taken much interest in foreign missionary work, and from this time may be dated the beginning of its greatly enlarged activity in worldwide evangelization. The plan proposed by the Laymen's Movement of apportioning the unevangelized lands among the different denominations and branches of the church met with cordial approval, and this was the first church in the Southern Assembly to make application for a definite territory for its field. In answer to this appeal to the Assembly, the church was given the Kiang-Yin field in China, in which it was already supporting several missionaries, and which was estimated to embrace a population of at least 450,000 souls. An Elder of this church, Mr. James Sprunt, already a liberal contributor to the cause, assumed the support of Mr. J. Campbell White, secretary of the Laymen's Movement, and at the Birmingham Laymen's Convention, February 16th to 18th, 1909, gave $10,000 for the erection of two school buildings, one each for boys and girls, at Kiang-Yin. Another Elder of the church, Mr. Philander
Pearsall, assumed the support of one of the lady missionaries in this mission, and also of one of the General Assembly's home missionaries in Oklahoma.
In 1911 Ruling Elder A. J. Howell, feeling called to the gospel ministry, took the position of Lay Assistant to the pastor, and began his preparation for the ministry. His course was completed by a term at Union Seminary. In October, 1912, he was, after a creditable examination, ordained to the full work of the ministry as an evangelist working under the Session of this church. He was the second to enter the ministry from this church during the period covered by this sketch, Rev. William E. Hill having been ordained in 1905, and having at once entered upon a large and useful ministry.
The activities of this church are broad and far reaching. At the station at Kiang-Yin, China, the work is carried on by the following missionaries of this church: Dr. and Mrs. Geo. C. Worth, Rev. and Mrs. Lacy L. Little, Miss Ryda Jourolman, Mrs. Anna McG. Sykes, Miss Ida McK. Albaugh, Rev. and Mrs. Lacy I. Moffett, Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Allison and Miss Carrie Moffett. These are aided by twenty-five native workers. The expense of the mission there is $12,000 per annum.
In the Assembly's Home Mission work, the evangelist at Altus, Oklahoma, Rev. T. W. Griffiths, is the representative of this church. He is having a successful ministry.
In the Synod's Home Missions this church supports the work in Brunswick County, where churches have been organized at Winnabow, Southport, Shallotte, and Phoenix. In the Presbytery's Local Home Mission work the church supports the pastor, Rev. J. S. Crowley, and supplies the workers at Immanuel. The other mission points of the church are Delgado, Winter Park Gardens, and Bethany. Regular preaching is furnished at these points by Rev. A. J. Howell, and active Sunday Schools are kept up by workers from the First Church. In 1910 a mission for the colored people was begun by Dr. J. G. Murphy and a corps of faithful workers. An excellent building has been provided at
Twelfth and Queen Streets, and a good work is being done. The Rev. W. M. Baker (a volunteer for our work in Africa), has been secured to take charge of this mission.
One of the best departments of the work of this church is the Boys Brigade, carried on with great success by Col. Walker Taylor, one of the Deacons of the church. Beginning as a part of the mission work at Immanuel, it has become undenominational in its scope, and accomplishes great good. A splendid building has been provided as a memorial of Ruling Elder W. R. Kenan, by his daughter, Mrs. H. M. Flagler.
During the present pastorate at the season of services conducted each May and at other times, our people have been privileged to hear many of the ablest ministers of our own Southern Church and others. Doctors G. B. Strickler, W. W. Moore, T. C. Johnson and Theron H. Rice, of Union Seminary; W. M. McPheeters, R. C. Reed and H. A. White, of Columbia Seminary; James Orr, of Scotland, Merle d'Aubigne, of France; and from the pulpits of our church, Doctors A. M. Fraser, Alexander Sprunt, W. McC. White, A. A. McGeachy, R. O. Flinn and others, have preached for us. Many notable missionaries and missionary speakers have spoken here. Besides our own splendid men, Geo. C. Worth, Lacy L. Little, Lacy I. Moffett and A. Allison, we have heard P. F. Price, H. M. Woods, J. W. Paxton, C. N. Caldwell, the veteran G. W. Painter, and others from China. Drs. W. D. Reynolds and J. F. Preston, of Korea, and representatives of other stations have been with us.
Messrs. W. T. Ellis, J. Campbell White and Drs. S. H. Chester, J. O. Reavis and H. F. Williams have aided in developing the great missionary interest of the church.
The following table, compiled from annual reports to Presbytery for the past twelve years, gives gratifying evidences of the growth and activity of the church under the present pastorate, which in many respects has been the most successful in its history.
|GROWTH AND ACTIVITY OF FIRST CHURCH FROM 1902 TO 1913.|
|Foreign Missions||$ 1,342||$ 626||$ 1,387||$ 1,602||$ 1,610||$ 2,216||$ 3,381||$11,483||$22,009||$14,488||$18,279||$15,459||$ 93,882|
FRONT STREET, NEAR QUEEN
When the sketch of Immanuel Chapel found in the Memorial Volume was written, the Rev. W. McC. Miller was in charge as Evangelist. Mr. Miller gave up the work in 1893. Rev. Geo. H. Cornelson, Jr., supplied the mission during the summer of 1894.
Rev. B. E. Wallace came as supply in the summer of 1895. The work had so grown that on November 8, 1895, the mission was organized into a church by a Commission of Presbytery. There were one hundred and twenty-three members in the new church, dismissed to same from the First Church.
Rev. B. E. Wallace was chosen as Pastor, Messrs. C. W. Dahlgren and A. B. Cook as Ruling Elders, and Messrs. P. Heinsberger, Jno. S. Barnes, A. N. Biggs and A. L. Rice as Deacons. Unfortunate dissensions having arisen, Messrs. Dahlgren and Cook resigned in April, 1897, and Deacons Heinsberger and Biggs were elected Elders.
Rev. B. E. Wallace resigned as Pastor in May, 1897. Ruling Elder Heinsberger was dismissed to St. Andrews Church in June, 1897. Rev. P. C. Morton came as stated supply in August, 1897.
No records of the church are available from 1897 to 1901, and the time of Mr. Morton's giving up the work is not known. During this interval Rev. E. E. Lane served the congregation very faithfully for more than a year.
In 1901 Presbytery appointed a commission, consisting of Ruling Elders B. F. Hall, Samuel Northrop and John McLaurin, to serve in place of a Session for Immanuel Church. During the summer of 1901 Rev. J. C. Story, of Union Seminary,
supplied the church. On June 1, 1902, Rev. C. W. Trawick came as stated supply, and faithfully supplied the church until March 1, 1904.
May 16, 1904, Rev. J. S. Crowley came as stated supply. He continues in this position, much beloved both by his own congregation and all those residing in the southern part of the city.
The Immanuel Mission House was presented by Mr. James Sprunt in 1913, and is a great help in the work.
In January, 1912, at a congregational meeting, Messrs. H. C. Walton and E. Register were elected Elders and Messrs. S. A. Matthews and B. F. Brittain, Deacons. The government of the church was duly transferred from the Commission of Presbytery to the Session. The church now numbers two hundred and ten members, and is progressing.
BOYS’ BRIGADE ARMORY
CORNER SECOND AND CHURCH STREETS
The Boys’ Brigade
In December, 1895, Col. Walker Taylor, one of the Deacons of the First Church, took a Sunday School class in our Immanuel Presbyterian Mission, beginning his class with three boys. During December and January the need of an organization among the boys was most forcibly impressed upon his heart and mind. This resulted in the organization of the Boys’ Brigade, on February 14, 1896, in a room of the Immanuel Presbyterian Church. The organization started at this time with fifteen boys. From this small beginning has grown, under his wise and tactful guidance, the present splendid organization. The organization is in its scope and influence largely undenominational. One of the main requirements for membership is membership in some Sunday School, and regular attendance there is rigidly required.
During the first ten years of the existence of this organization regular weekly meetings were held in a room in the Immanuel Presbyterian Church. As a result of this ten years’ work the splendid armory now occupied by the Brigade was erected by Mrs. Henry M. Flagler, in memory of her father, Ruling Elder William Rand Kenan, who had been a sympathetic friend and wise counselor of the organization. It was built in 1905 and was dedicated on June 22, 1905. On this occasion the main address was delivered by Governor R. B. Glenn. The splendid library was the gift of Ruling Elder James Sprunt. Beginning with a little handful of boys, with meagre equipment, the organization has grown until now it numbers one hundred and thirty members, and has an equipment second to none.
Colonel Taylor has given of his time, energy, and sympathy, without stint, to this great work. His weekly talks have very largely molded the characters of the members, in the formative time of their character building. His personal interest and advice have been constantly given to his boys in their solving the problems of life, and his work has been richly blessed. The entire city has felt the good effects of the organization. From the early membership have come some of the most useful and respected citizens of our city, and the Brigade is still improving the physical, mental, and spiritual condition of the boys and young men of our city.
DELGADO MISSION CHAPEL
Our mission at Delgado began its work formally on January 8, 1905, with the beginning of the Presbyterian Sunday School there. Previously a Union Sunday School had been conducted in the mill chapel, with workers from different denominations, but largely Baptists.
Before the opening of the Sunday School preaching services were held in the chapel by Revs. Paul C. Morton and J. S. Crowley. To the latter, particularly, in the early years of our mission at Delgado, is due much of the success of the work.
Mr. Andrew J. Howell, then an Elder of the First Presbyterian Church, was the first Superintendent of the Presbyterian Sunday School, which numbered thirty-six at its opening session. Several young ladies and young men of our church became interested in the new school and began work as teachers. Their earnest efforts resulted in a large growth in the school from the start. The largest attendance noted to date is one hundred and ninety-seven. The other Superintendents of the school have been Messrs. G. L. Allen and W. C. Scoggins.
The school has been a great blessing to the community, making its influence felt in many ways. For several years the leading class has been the Men's Bible Class, which is always largely attended. Its teachers have been Messrs. A. J. Howell, M. S. Willard, G. L. Allen and D. M. McIntosh.
The Sunday School has been a great feeder of the church, and has furnished nearly all of the two hundred members received into its membership to this time.
The mission has been blessed with several seasons of revival under the earnest preaching of Evangelists R. Murphy
Williams, J. M. Plowden and William Black, each occasion resulting in a large increase of membership. Mr. Plowden was called from his work as Evangelist of Wilmington Presbytery to take charge of the Delgado Mission, and began his labors there on December 1, 1908. Since January 1, 1911, when Mr. Howell became a candidate for the Gospel ministry, he has also worked among the Delgado people as preacher and pastor. The Delgado work is as yet conducted as a mission of the First Presbyterian Church, and its members are enrolled on its register.
In the fall of 1912 the church building, which is the property of the mill company, was repaired at considerable expense with funds furnished by Mr. James Sprunt, an Elder of the First Church.
In connection with our church and Sunday School at Delgado, the Marion Mission has done a great work in the mill village. For it the mill company donated nearly an acre of land as a playground, and Mr. James Sprunt erected thereon a handsome mission building for the use of the kindergarten supported by him, which had already been established. The building was completed for occupancy in December, 1907. Later a larger demand for the use of the building was observed, and a library was donated by Mrs. Kate W. Murchison, a reading room fitted up, and arrangements made for social gatherings. An additional room was afterwards erected, in response to a pressing need for same. The kindergarten was established in 1907, the teachers being successively Misses Mary Duffy, Nan J. Huggins, Olive P. Thompson, Nell M. Thompson, Reba Plowden, and Robbie McIntire. This work for the children, which is supported entirely by Mr. and Mrs. Sprunt, has been very successful and pleasing in its results.
WINTER PARK CHURCH
Winter Park Church
The Chapel at Winter Park was built by Mr. and Mrs. James H. Chadbourn in loving memory of their children, George and Blanche, who died on the threshold of manhood and womanhood. The funds were in large part amounts which had been given to the two young people and by their parents wisely applied toward the building of this Chapel. The building was dedicated by services held on Sunday afternoon, February 5, 1911.
The Sunday School, which had for some time been conducted in the residence of Mr. G. C. McIntire, moved to the new building, Dr. Geo. C. Worth, who was on furlough from his mission work in China, becoming Superintendent. He was succeeded by Mr. E. T. Huggins, who continues as the efficient head of the school.
Regular preaching services were held in the Chapel by Dr. J. M. Wells and Rev. J. M. Plowden until October 1, 1913, when Rev. Andrew J. Howell, by direction of the Session, took charge of the work. By reason of special attention given by Mr. Howell the membership was largely increased during the following two months, so that it was considered advisable to petition the Presbytery to take steps for the organization of a separate church there.
The organization took place on Sunday afternoon, December 14, 1913. At that time the following officers were elected: Elders, Messrs. L. D. Latta, Earl W. Jones and G. C. McIntire; and Deacons, Messrs. A. B. Sandlin, R. T. Sinclair and C. M. Robinson. There were thirty-five charter members of the new church, and the prospects are good for a considerable growth of the church from the Presbyterians locating at Winter Park and neighbouring suburbs.
BETHANY MISSION CHAPEL
WRIGHTSBORO, N. C.
For several years the Yokefellows’ Band of the Young Men's Christian Association of Wilmington held services on Sunday evenings in the schoolhouse near Wrightsboro Station, belonging to Mr. and Mrs. W. A. Lineker. From time to time certain officers and young men of the First Presbyterian Church conducted these services, Mr. Andrew J. Howell, then an Elder, having a regular appointment there monthly. Later the demand for a Presbyterian Church was felt, and the Yokefellows expressed a willingness to withdraw and turn the work over to the Presbyterians if they would assume responsibility for it.
The opportunity for establishing a church at this point appealed to Mr. James Sprunt, an honored Elder of our church and he generously donated funds sufficient to provide a suitable church building. The old school site was acquired and the building standing upon it removed to another lot. The erection of the new structure was placed in charge of a committee consisting of Rev. A. J. Howell, chairman, and Messrs. J. A. Springer, J. L. Sprunt, D. R. Foster, and Dr. John Thames, and on November 10, 1912, the committee turned the building over to the Trustees of the First Presbyterian Church. Dedicatory services were held on the afternoon of that date. By action of the Session the name of Bethany Chapel was given to the building.
The work at the Chapel is conducted as a mission of the First Presbyterian Church of Wilmington, and the members received there are enrolled on its register.
The Sunday School has been an important part of the mission's work. Dr. John Thames, a Deacon of the First Church, has been in charge of it as Superintendent for a year
or two and, under his wise guidance, the school is growing in numbers and influence. Its present enrollment numbers about fifty. This school succeeds the work done for many years in a Union Sunday School conducted by Mrs. W. A. Lineker, now a devoted member and worker of the Bethany Mission.
QUEEN STREET MISSION, COLORED
CORNER TWELFTH AND QUEEN STREETS
Queen Street Mission
Probably the supreme Home Mission task of the South is the uplift of the Negro race. The zealous people of our church here, realizing this fact and awakened, in a measure, to their duty and privilege by a lecture of Rev. John Little on the work being done in Louisville, Ky., decided to undertake a similar work for the Negroes in Wilmington.
A committee was appointed to investigate conditions. After looking the field over and studying the needs, it decided to begin Sunday School work. An old dwelling at 609 South Ninth Street was rented and a Sunday School organized May 8, 1910, with thirty-three scholars present. Dr. J. G. Murphy was elected Superintendent, Mr. P. Heinsberger, Jr., Assistant Superintendent, and Mr. Robert Hunt, Secretary and Treasurer.
Soon after the work was started, Mr. P. Pearsall, an Elder of our church, who had for some time been conducting a Bible class for his colored porters and others every Sunday afternoon, in his office on Water Street, moved his class to the Sunday School, to give it his help and encouragement.
The school soon outgrew its cramped quarters and new ones were sought. The beautiful little church, shown in the accompanying cut, was purchased from the Episcopal Church, at the corner of Sixth and Queen Streets, and moved to Twelfth and Queen Streets, its present location. The first of November, 1911, the school moved into its new church and began plans for larger development and greater usefulness under Dr. Murphy and his devoted helpers.
The conviction that there was room for greater effort and larger activities grew to such an extent in the next twelve
months that our church invited the St. Andrews Presbyterian Church to unite with it in securing a man to give all of his time to the work among the Negroes, under both churches. The effort resulted in securing the services of Rev. Wm. M. Baker, who graduated at Union Theological Seminary in May, 1913. He came to us in June and entered upon his work at once, giving half of his time to the work under our church and half to a similar work under St. Andrews Church.
With Dr. Murphy still Superintendent our Sunday School has had a steady, conservative growth, till now we have about one hundred and sixty-five scholars enrolled and an average attendance of over one hundred. At present we have preaching services twice each month, and the results are very encouraging. It is our plan to begin some social and industrial work among the boys and girls of the Sunday School. The work grows slowly, but the results are very gratifying; so let us take courage from what has been accomplished, and double our efforts in the future, asking God for greater things in our work among the Negroes in our city.
JAMES SPRUNT MALE ACADEMY, KIANG-YIN, CHINA
Mission at Kiang-Yin
The foreign mission efforts of this church are almost entirely given to the station at Kiang-Yin, China. This station was opened in 1895, at which time Rev. Lacy L. Little and wife began their evangelistic work there. Later Dr. George C. Worth and wife removed there from Wuseh, and other workers have been added from time to time.
The city of Kiang-Yin, which has a population of 60,000, is advantageously located for easily reaching the whole county, which bears the same name, with a population of 450,000, and this church requested the privilege of having the whole county as its field, and of supporting an adequate corps of workers, which was granted. The equipment of the station consists of a modern hospital, built principally through the efforts of the Ladies’ Union of Wilmington Presbytery, the James Sprunt Male Academy and the Luola Murchison Sprunt Girls’ Academy, both built from gifts of Mr. and Mrs. James Sprunt, of this church, amounting to more than $13,000, and several auxiliary buildings and chapels.
The corps of workers consists of George C. Worth, M.D., Mrs. George C. Worth, Rev. Lacy L. Little, Mrs. L. L. Little, Miss Ryda Jourolman, Mrs. Anna McG. Sykes, Miss Ida McK. Albaugh, Rev. Lacy I. Moffett, Mrs. L. I. Moffett, Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Allison and Miss Carrie Moffett. Dr. Worth, assisted by Dr. Wang, a Chinese physician, is in charge of the hospital. Miss Albaugh is a trained nurse. The other missionaries are engaged in evangelistic and teaching work. There are twenty-five native helpers who assist them.
The missionary budget of the church has steadily increased from year to year until it amounts to about $12,000 at the present time. Dr. Frank R. Crawford, of Virginia, has been engaged to assist Dr. Worth at the hospital, his support to be furnished by the Wilmington Presbyterial. He is now enroute to his work.
Miss Jessie D. Hall, of this church, joined the mission workers of Tsing-Kiang-Pu in 1907, where she is still at work. Her support is provided by the Jean Dalziel Sprunt Missionary Society.
CHADBOURN MEMORIAL HALL
First Church Sunday School
The Sunday School has filled an important place in the life of the church. It has trained the young people in the knowledge of the Bible and of the doctrinal teachings of the Presbyterian Church; and it is estimated that about nine-tenths of its scholars become members of the church. To this fact, in a large measure, is due the devoted and intelligent membership of our church. The school has been under the leadership of Mr. William M. Cumming as Superintendent since 1893, with the exception of about two years, and he has made a record for efficiency surpassed by no officer of the school in its long history. Mr. Cumming succeeded Mr. C. H. Robinson who was for many years the honored Superintendent of, the school.
The school is divided into three departments, viz: Primary, Intermediate, and Senior. It has a corps of intelligent and devoted teachers in each department. A distinction of the Sunday School is the fact that from its membership have largely gone forth those who have been officers and teachers in the several mission Sunday Schools established by this church. The Primary Department is under the superintendency of Miss M. E. Cook, whose long service in the interest of the beginners in the Sunday School has been a blessing in the lives of many of our congregation. The present enrollment of the school is about three hundred, and the number of teachers and officers about thirty-five.
A Home Department is also conducted in connection with the school, and for several years Mrs. P. Pearsall has been its efficient Superintendent.
The Brotherhood Bible Class of our Sunday School was organized in the fall of 1909. Its first officers were: Mr.
W. D. McCaig, President; Mr. John R. Adams, Secretary; Mr. P. Heinsberger, Treasurer; Mr. Andrew J. Howell, Teacher. During the years of its existence it has enrolled as members a large number of the men of the church, and met every Sunday for the study of the Sunday School lesson. Several times during each year the class has held social gatherings, featured by stereopticon exhibits, lectures and other forms of entertainment. Many of its members have gone forth into active Christian work in the various missions of the church. The present officers of the class are: Mr. J. F. Roache, President; Mr. T. F. Wood, Vice-President; Mr. Claude Murray, Secretary; Mr. E. N. Clark, Treasurer; Dr. J. M. Wells, Teacher. The class has supported for two or three years a Chinese native Evangelist at Kiang-Yin station.
The Young Ladies’ Bible Class is an organized class whose sessions are held in connection with the Sunday School. It has been organized for several years, Miss Margaret Gibson having been its first teacher. Mr. G. A. P. Bowman is the present teacher, and the President of the class is now Miss Davie Duffy.
The school takes pride in the fact that Woodrow Wilson, President of the United States, was a member of it during the pastorate of his father. Many other leading men in various departments of life have also been members of the school.
Mission Sunday Schools
The First Presbyterian Church has under its care at the present time five mission Sunday Schools, which draw their officers and teachers almost entirely from the home church These schools are: Immanuel, Mr. S. A. Matthews, Superintendent; Delgado, Mr. Wm. C. Scoggins, Superintendent; Winter Park, Mr. E. T. Huggins, Superintendent; Bethany, Dr. John Thames, Superintendent; and Queen Street Mission (colored), Dr. J. G. Murphy, Superintendent. These schools form a large part of the home mission work of the church; and they are all meeting with much success.
A sketch of this church would be incomplete without some account of our various societies. One of the most effective ways in which the church has put forth its spiritual power in work for the Master has been through these organizations.Ladies’ Foreign Missionary Society
This Society celebrated its twenty-fifth anniversary in April, 1913. Its present membership numbers about seventy, and throughout its history it has been the source of a great deal of missionary interest in the life of the church. For several years past the principal object to which its contributions have been applied is the part assumed of the salary of Miss Ida McK. Albaugh, a trained nurse in the Kiang-Yin, China, hospital, in charge of Dr. Geo. C. Worth. For this purpose the Society gives $350 a year. It also has a part in the Home Mission work of the church. For many years Mrs. B. F. Hall has been its earnest and devoted President. Miss Ellen D. Bellamy has been its faithful Treasurer since the beginning of the organization. The present Secretary is Mrs. Eugene Philyaw.Ladies’ Home Missionary Society
Second in point of age, the Ladies’ Home Missionary Society does an important work in the church. It was established by Mrs. David G. Worth more than twenty years ago; and, through all of its history, it has supported the kindergarten at Immanuel Church. Their contributions to this object amount to about $65 a month. In this object the Society
now receives aid from the Home Missionary Auxiliary. The present membership of the Society numbers about forty. The officers at present are: President, Mrs. Chas. W. Worth; Secretary, Mrs. C. F. Howell; Treasurer, Mrs. W. G. Whitehead.Home Missionary Auxiliary
This Society grew out of the Home Missionary Society, and has reached a membership of about thirty-five. It supports the sewing school conducted in connection with Immanuel Church, and also helps materially the Home Missionary Society in its work. In addition to this, the Society is paying the expenses of a girl student at Albemarle Normal and Industrial Institute. The officers of the Society are now Mrs. W. H. Pemberton, President; Miss Duralde Borden, Secretary; Miss Elizabeth Peck, Treasurer.Lucy Chadbourn Orphan Society
This Society has a special work that appeals to everyone in the congregation. For several years the ladies who are its members have been bearing the expenses for clothing, etc., of ten or twelve orphans each year at the Orphanage of the Presbyterian Church at Barium Springs. Besides this, general contributions are made to the Orphanage. Twice a year boxes of clothing are sent, and at Christmas a special box with presents and sweetmeats goes to the children. The Society estimates its contributions to the Orphanage at about $300 a year. Mrs. P. Heinsberger, Jr., is now President of the Society, and Mrs. E. T. Huggins, Secretary and Treasurer.Elizabeth MacRae Society
Eleven girls organized this Society in 1901 to help in the Foreign Mission work of the church. The name was given in honor of a saintly Christian who was earnestly devoted to
the cause of missions, which was the great burden of her thought and prayers during the last years of her life. The membership has now grown to twenty-two, and many of the original members are still connected with the Society. For some time the special object of its efforts has been to provide $75 a year toward the salary of Miss Albaugh, the trained nurse at Kiang-Yin, China. This amount is raised, and the Society also has pleasure in making a substantial yearly contribution to the General Foreign Mission fund of the church. The President is Miss Jane S. Hall, and the Secretary and Treasurer Miss Elizabeth Bell.Relief Committee
No organization of the church does a better work than this committee. Composed of devoted Christian ladies, it dispenses almost altogether the charity funds of this church. For many years it has had regular pensioners on the list, and it also meets a large number of calls made on it from time to time in special cases of need. The work of the committee requires a good deal of visiting among the poor, as well as attention to the giving of money and other necessary things. Mrs. F. H. Russell is Chairman, and Miss Jeannie M. Bell, Treasurer.Christian Endeavor Society
This has been a most fruitful means of developing the young people in the ability to take part in public services. It may well be considered an excellent training school for future officers and active Christian workers in the church. The membership and attendance has been large and active ever since the organization of the Society, five years ago. Monthly business and social meetings are held regularly on week day evenings, and add greatly to the social life of the congregation. The present officers of the Society are Mr. James L. Wells, President; Mr. W. M. Shaw, Jr., Secretary,
IMMANUEL MISSION HOUSE
CORNER FRONT AND QUEEN STREETS
and Miss Nellie Durham, Treasurer. The Society numbers at present one hundred and thirty-five members, is growing finely, and does a splendid work.Children's Missionary Societies
There are three societies for the children of different ages, viz: Helping Hand Society, Miss Bessie Harriss, President, and Miss Elizabeth Thames, Treasurer; Willing Workers Society, Mrs. D. M. McIntosh and Mrs. W. M. Prall, leaders; and Gleaners’ Missionary Society, Mrs. W. P. Sprunt and Mrs. John Hall, leaders. These societies jointly are paying the expenses of a girl student at the Luola Murchison Sprunt Girls’ School at Kiang-Yin, China. Their meetings are made occasions to inform the children as to the mission fields of the world, and as to the privilege of Christians to give to the support of the work of the Gospel.
REV. J. M. WELLS, D.D., Moderator
MR. A. M. HALL, Clerk
MR. C. H. ROBINSON
MR. B. F. HALL
MR. JAMES SPRUNT
MR. P. PEARSALL
DR. GEO. C. WORTH
MR. C. W. WORTH
MR. H. C. MCQUEEN
MR. R. A. BRAND
MR. J. A. SPRINGER
MR. W. M. CUMMING
DR. J. G. MURPHYCommittees of Session
1. Delgado Mission: MESSRS. J. A. SPRINGER, JAMES SPRUNT, C. H. ROBINSON.
2. Bethany Mission: MESSRS. B. F. HALL, R. A. BRAND, J. A. SPRINGER.
3. Immanuel Church: MESSRS. W. M. CUMMING, H. C. MCQUEEN, A. M. HALL.
4. Queen Street Mission (Colored): MESSRS. P. PEARSALL, J. G. MURPHY, W. M. CUMMING.
5. Auditing Committee: MESSRS. W. M. CUMMING and C. W. WORTH.
Territory of Elders
The Session has divided our part of the city into districts and assigned one to each of our Elders for the more efficient conduct of our work.
These divisions are assigned as follows:
Between Castle and Church Streets, to Ruling Elder A. M. Hall.
Between Church and Nun Streets, from the river to Second Street, to Ruling Elder James Sprunt.
Between Church and Nun Streets, from Second to Ninth Street, to Ruling Elder W. M. Cumming.
Between Nun and Ann Streets to Ruling Elder P. Pearsall.
Between Orange and Ann Streets to Ruling Elder C. W. Worth.
Between Orange and Dock Streets to Ruling Elder H. C. McQueen.
Between Dock and Market Streets to Ruling Elder J. G. Murphy.
Between Market and Princess Streets to Ruling Elder J. A. Springer.
Between Princess and Chestnut Streets to Ruling Elder C. H. Robinson.
Between Chestnut and Grace Streets to Ruling Elder R. A. Brand.
Between Grace and Red Cross Streets to Ruling Elder B. F. Hall.
By keeping the Pastor advised of all cases of sickness, of the coming of strangers, and of any religious interest within their districts the Elders can be of the greatest help. It is planned that the Elders visit each family in their district once a year.Board of Deacons
MR. GEO. R. FRENCH, Chairman
COL. WALKER TAYLOR, Vice-Chairman
MR. M. S. WILLARD, Treasurer
MR. W. D. MCCAIG, Auditor
MR. C. W. WOODWARD, Secretary
MR. R. W. HICKS
MR. E. C. HOLT
MR. C. N. EVANS
MR. W. C. SMITH
MR. J. O. CARR
MR. JOS. W. LITTLE
MR. R. M. SHEPPARD
DR. JOHN THAMES
MR. GEO. L. MITCHELL.
Finance Committee: GEORGE R. FRENCH, WALKER TAYLOR, M. S. WILLARD.
Church Buildings and Grounds:
(a) First Church, JOS. W. LITTLE.
(b) Manse, W. C. SMITH.
(c) Immanuel, WALKER TAYLOR.
(d) Delgado, J. O. CARR.
(e) Winter Park Chapel, GEO. L. MITCHELL.
(f) Bethany Chapel, DR. JOHN THAMES.
(g) Colored School, W. D. MCCAIG.
(h) Beach Chapel, C. N. EVANS.
Ushering, Strangers, and Sittings: W. C. SMITH, GEO. L. MITCHELL, R. W. HICKS, JOS. W. LITTLE.
Committee on Collections:
North Aisle, C. W. WOODWARD; Alternate, JOS. W. LITTLE.
North Side Middle Aisle, R. M. SHEPPARD; Alternate, E. C. HOLT.
South Side Middle Aisle, DR. JOHN THAMES; Alternate, C. N. EVANS.
South Aisle, W. D. MCCAIG; Alternate, WALKER TAYLOR.
Gallery, W. C. SMITH.
Joint Committee on Music: M. S. WILLARD, E. C. HOLT.
Insurance: WALKER TAYLOR, M. S. WILLARD.
Light, Heat, and Sexton: GEO. R. FRENCH, M. S. WILLARD, J. O. CARR.
Poor: J. O. CARR, R. W. HICKS, DR. JOHN THAMES.
Calendar: R. M. SHEPPARD, C. N. EVANS.Treasurers
|Church||MR. M. S. WILLARD|
|Foreign Missions||MR. R. M. SHEPPARD|
|Benevolent Causes||MR. C. W. WOODWARD|
|Poor Fund||MISS JEANNIE M. BELL|
|Local Home Missions||MR. J. A. SPRINGER|
|Immanuel Church Fund||MR. D. RUSSELL FOSTER|
Music: MESSRS. P. PEARSALL, R. A. BRAND, M. S. WILLARD, E. C. HOLT, W. E. WORTH.
Synodical Home Missions: MESSRS. P. PEARSALL and GEO. R. FRENCH.
Sunday School Extension and Publication: MESSRS. W. M. CUMMING and JOS. W. LITTLE.
Ministerial Education and Relief: MR. R. A. BRAND, Chairman.
Ministerial Education: MESSRS. H. C. MCQUEEN and R. W. HICKS.
Ministerial Relief: MESSRS. C. W. WORTH and M. S. WILLARD.
Foreign Missions: MR. JAMES SPRUNT, Chairman; MESSRS. J. A. SPRINGER, C. W. WORTH, W. M. CUMMING, GEO. C. WORTH, R. A. BRAND, J. G. MURPHY, P. PEARSALL, R. M. SHEPPARD, WALKER TAYLOR, W. J. CRAIG.
Assembly's Home Missions: COL. WALKER TAYLOR, Chairman; MESSRS. P. PEARSALL, A. M. HALL, E. C. HOLT.
Barium Springs Orphanage: MESSRS. M. S. WILLARD, J. G. MURPHY, GEO. L. MITCHELL.
Bible Cause: MESSRS. C. H. ROBINSON and W. C. SMITH.
Schools and Colleges: MESSRS. B. F. HALL and J. O. CARR.
The Chairmen of these committees are reminded that a report either written or verbal is desired at each monthly business meeting of the Session.Trustees
H. McL. GREEN, Chairman
C. P. BOLLES, Secretary and Treasurer
J. W. JACKSON
A. D. BROWN
U. M. ROBINSON
W. C. SMITH
G. J. BONEY
LUOLA MURCHISON SPRUNT ACADEMY, KIANG-YIN, CHINA
Our Foreign Missionaries
Our Some Missionaries
|DR. GEORGE C. WORTH||Kiang-Yin, China|
|MRS. GEORGE C. WORTH||Kiang-Yin, China|
|MISS JESSIE D. HALL*||Tsing-Kiang-Pu, China|
|REV. LACY L. LITTLE||Kiang-Yin, China|
|MRS. LACY L. LITTLE||Kiang-Yin, China|
|MISS RYDA JOUROLMAN||Kiang-Yin, China|
|MRS. ANNA MCG. SYKES||Kiang-Yin, China|
|MISS IDA MCK. ALBAUGH||Kiang-Yin, China|
|REV. LACY I. MOFFETT||Kiang-Yin, China|
|MRS. LACY I. MOFFETT||Kiang-Yin, China|
|MR. ANDREW ALLISON||Kiang-Yin, China|
|MRS. ANDREW ALLISON||Kiang-Yin, China|
|MISS CARRIE MOFFETT||Kiang-Yin, China|
|TWENTY-FIVE NATIVE WORKERS||Kiang-Yin, China|
Our Some Mission Teachers
|REV. J. S. CROWLEY||Immanuel Church, Wilmington, N. C.|
|REV. ANDREW J. HOWELL||Evangelist, Wilmington, N. C.|
|REV. W. M. BAKER||(One Half Time), Evangelist, Wilmington, N. C.|
|REV. T. W. GRIFFITHS||Evangelist, Altus, Okla.|
|MISS FLORENCE L. BONITZ||Immanuel Kindergarten|
|MISS ANNIE WOLFF||Immanuel Kindergarten|
|MISS ANNA DERUITER||Immanuel Kindergarten|
|MISS REBA PLOWDEN||Delgado Kindergarten|
|MISS ROBBIE MCINTIRE||Delgado Kindergarten|
MR. W. M. CUMMING, Superintendent
MR. R. A. BRAND, Assistant Superintendent
MR. G. A. P. BOWMAN, Assistant Superintendent
MISS NELLIE COOK, Principal Primary Department
MISS JEANNIE JACKSON, Principal Intermediate Department
MRS. P. PEARSALL, Superintendent Home Department
MRS. JOHN HALL, Superintendent Cradle Roll Department
Brotherhood Bible Class: MR. J. F. ROACHE, President: REV. J. M. WELLS, D.D., Teacher.
Young Ladies’ Bible Class: MISS DAVIE DUFFY, President: MR. G. A. P. BOWMAN, Teacher.
Immanuel School: MR. S. A. MATTHEWS, Superintendent
Delgado School: MR. W. C. SCOGGINS, Superintendent
Winter Park School: MR. E. T. HUGGINS, Superintendent
Bethany School: DR. JOHN THAMES, Superintendent
Queen Street School (Colored): DR. J. G. MURPHY, Superintendent
WRIGHTSVILLE BEACH CHAPEL
Ladies’ Foreign Missionary Society: MRS. B. F. HALL, President; MISS ELLEN BELLAMY, Treasurer.
Ladies’ Home Missionary Society: MRS. C. W. WORTH, President; MRS. W. G. WHITEHEAD, Treasurer.
Home Missionary Auxiliary: MRS. W. H. PEMBERTON, President; MISS ELIZABETH PECK, Treasurer.
Lucy Chadbourn Orphans’ Society: MRS. P. HEINSBERGER, JR., President; MRS. E. T. HUGGINS, Treasurer.
Elizabeth MacRae Society: MISS JANE S. HALL, President; MISS ELIZABETH K. BELL, Treasurer.
Relief Committee: MRS. F. H. RUSSELL, Chairman; MISS JEANNIE M. BELL, Treasurer.
Christian Endeavor Society: MR. JAMES L. WELLS, President; MR. W. M. SHAW, JR., Recording Secretary.
Helping Hand Society: MISS BESSIE HARRISS, President; MISS ELIZABETH THAMES, Treasurer.
Willing Workers’ Society: MRS. D. M. MCINTOSH, MRS. W. M. PRALL, Leaders.
The Gleaners’ Missionary Society: MRS. WALTER P. SPRUNT, MRS. JOHN HALL, Leaders.Choir
MISS CARRIE BOWEN, Soprano
MRS. JAMES D. SMITH, Contralto
MR. JOSEPH B. FENLEY, Tenor
MR. HERBERT K. HOLDEN, Basso
MR. EDWARD H. MUNSON, Organist
Roll of Elders
|CHARLES H. ROBINSON||Feb. 2, 1868|
|B. F. HALL||Dec. 21, 1879|
|H. H. MUNSON*||May 17, 1896—Sept. 9, 1900|
|JAMES SPRUNT||May 17, 1896|
|W. R. KENAN*||May 17, 1896—Apr. 16, 1903|
|W. S. WARROCK*||June 7, 1896—Mch. 19, 1900|
|JAS. H. CHADBOURN†||Feb. 23, 1902—Apr. 27, 1913|
|PHILANDER PEARSALL||Feb. 23, 1902|
|GEO. C. WORTH||Oct. 4, 1903|
|R. A. BRAND||May 28, 1905|
|H. C. MCQUEEN||May 28, 1905|
|H. W. MALLOY||May 28, 1905—Apr. 21, 1911|
|C. W. WORTH||Nov. 12, 1905|
|J. A. SPRINGER||Dec. 22, 1907|
|A. J. HOWELL||Dec. 22, 1907—Oct. 20, 1912|
|W. M. CUMMING||May 7, 1911|
|A. M. HALL||May 7, 1911|
|DR. J. G. MURPHY||Jan. 5, 1913|
|DR. J. W. STANLY||Jan. 5, 1913—Mch. 2, 1913|
Roll of Dearons
|C. W. WORTH||Jan. 19, 1896—Nov. 12, 1905|
|WALKER TAYLOR||Jan. 19, 1896|
|PHILANDER PEARSALL||Jan. 19, 1896—Feb. 23, 1902|
|A. J. HOWELL||June 7, 1896—Dec. 22, 1907|
|GEO. D. PARSLEY*||June 7, 1896—Jan. 8, 1906|
|R. W. HICKS||June 7, 1896|
|A. M. HALL||June 8, 1902—May 7, 1911|
|MARSDEN BELLAMY*||June 8, 1902—Dec. 1, 1909|
|H. W. MALLOY||Dec. 11, 1904—May 28, 1905|
|M. S. WILLARD||Dec. 11, 1904|
|R. A. BRAND||Dec. 11, 1904—May 28, 1905|
|J. A. SPRINGER||Dec. 10, 1905—Dec. 22, 1907|
|E. C. HOLT||Dec. 10, 1905|
|J. O. CARR||Dec. 10, 1905|
|C. N. EVANS||Dec. 29, 1907|
|JOS. W. LITTLE||Dec. 5, 1909|
|R. M. SHEPPARD||Dec. 5, 1909|
|W. C. SMITH||Dec. 5, 1909|
|GEO. R. FRENCH||Dec. 5, 1909|
|DR. J. W. STANLY||Dec. 5, 1909—Jan. 5, 1913|
|C. W. WOODWARD||Apl. 13, 1913|
|W. D. MCCAIG||Apl. 13, 1913|
|GEO. L. MITCHELL||Apl. 13, 1913|
|DR. JOHN THAMES||Apl. 13, 1913|
Roll of Communicants
|ADAMS, J. J.||808 Market Street|
|ADAMS, MRS. J. J.||808 Market Street|
|ADAMS, J. R.||1806 Market Street|
|ALBAUGH, MISS IDA MCK||Kiang-Yin, China|
|ALBRIGHT, MISS JULIETTE HOWARD||114 South Third Street|
|ALBRIGHT, MRS. PERCY R.||114 South Third Street|
|ANDERS, E. J. W.||105 North Ninth Street|
|ANDERS, MRS. E. J. W.||105 North Ninth Street|
|ANDREWS, B. N.||208 Grace Street|
|ATKINSON, MISS ALICE||412 South Third Street|
|BACON, CARL K.||Winchester, Mass.|
|BACON, MRS. CARL K.||Winchester, Mass.|
|BACON, MISS LUCY ELIZABETH||Winchester, Mass.|
|BANNERMAN, MRS. SARAH E.||314 Ann Street|
|BARENTINE, MRS. BERTHA M.||115 Grace Street|
|BARRETT, VIRGIL T.||Richmond, Va.|
|BELL, BENJAMIN||306 South Fourth Street|
|BELL, MISS JEANNIE M.||306 South Fourth Street|
|BELL, MISS ELIZABETH K.||306 South Fourth Street|
|BELL, MRS. MARY M.||318 Ann Street|
|BELL, MISS MARY P.||The Carolina|
|BELL, Z. K.||306 South Fourth Street|
|BELLAMY, CHESLEY C.||611 Market Street|
|BELLAMY, MRS. CHESLEY C.||611 Market Street|
|BELLAMY, MISS ELIZA||503 Market Street|
|BELLAMY, MISS ELLEN||503 Market Street|
|BELLAMY, MRS. HATTIE||611 Market Street|
|BELLAMY, JNO. D., 3RD.||121 South Second Street|
|BELLAMY, MRS. MARY W.||121 South Second Street|
|BELLAMY, ROBERT HARLEE||612 Princess Street|
|BENNETT, C. T.||Newbern, N. C.|
|BENNETT, THORBURN POWELL||Newbern, N. C.|
|BIDDLE, MISS ANNIE LUCILLE||606 Castle Street|
|BIDDLE, JOHN WILLIAM||606 Castle Street|
|BIDDLE, MISS JULIA ELIZABETH||606 Castle Street|
|BIDDLE, MISS MARY E.||606 Castle Street|
|BLACKWELL, MRS. MARY JANE||121½ South Front Street|
|BLAIR, MISS CARO BELL||New Orleans, La.|
|BLAKE, MRS. FLORA CROMARTIE||Wrightsboro, N. C.|
|BLALOCK, MRS. D. W.||322 South Fifth Street|
|BLOSSOM, MISS ELIZABETH||Wrightsboro, N. C.|
|BOLLES, C. P.||119 Nun Street|
|BOLLES, MRS. C. P.||119 Nun Street|
|BONEY, BRUCE CORNELIUS||Bisbee, Ariz.|
|BONEY, MRS. CHRISSIE W.||810 Orange Street|
|BONEY, MISS FLORA||114 Grace Street|
|BONEY, G. JAMES||110 Grace Street|
|BONEY, J. W.||810 Orange Street|
|BONEY, MRS. J. W.||810 Orange Street|
|BONEY, MISS KATE S.||810 Orange Street|
|BONEY, R. B.||Auburn, Ind.|
|BONEY, MISS SALLIE P.||810 Orange Street|
|BONITZ, MISS FLORENCE L.||322 South Fifth Street|
|BORDEAUX, MRS. ELIZABETH||Carolina Beach Road|
|BORDEAUX, GROVER C.||Carolina Beach Road|
|BORDEAUX, MRS. GROVER C.||Carolina Beach Road|
|BORDEAUX, MISS JIMMIE ALEXANDER||Winoca Terrace|
|BORDEN, MISS DURALDE S.||419 North Third Street|
|BORDEN, MRS. M. O.||419 North Third Street|
|BOWDEN, MRS. B. C.||Kenansville, N. C.|
|BOWDEN, EDWARD J.||415 South Front Street|
|BOWDEN, MRS. HENRY||415 South Front Street|
|BOWDEN, J. ATWOOD||508 Princess Street|
|BOWDEN, MISS NELL J.||415 South Front Street|
|BOWMAN, G. A. P.||609 Chestnut Street|
|BOWMAN, MRS. G. A. P.||609 Chestnut Street|
|BRADLEY, MRS. SARAH||New Haven, Conn.|
|BRAND, MISS ETTA SLOAN||313 Chestnut Street|
|BRAND, MISS MARGARET E.||313 Chestnut Street|
|BRAND, R. A.||313 Chestnut Street|
|BRAND, MRS. R. A.||313 Chestnut Street|
|BRAND, MISS SUSIE COVERT||313 Chestnut Street|
|BREWER, MISS ETHEL SCOTT||412 Chestnut Street|
|BRIGHT, MISS HELEN MAY||214 North Fifth Street|
|BRITTAIN, MRS. J. S.||110 Church Street|
|BROWN, ALEXANDER D.||213 South Fifth Street|
|BROWN, MISS GRACE VIRGINIA||916 Market Street|
|BROWN, H. K.||Wrightsboro, N. C.|
|BROWN, MRS. H. K.||Wrightsboro, N. C.|
|BROWN, JAMES||Wrightsboro, N. C.|
|BROWN, ROYAL||Wrightsboro, N. C.|
|BROWNE, OTWAY LEON||916 Market Street|
|BROWNE, MRS. OTWAY LEON||916 Market Street|
|BRYAN, EGBERT KEDAR||11 South Fifth Street|
|BRYAN, THOMAS R.||Atlanta, Ga.|
|BULLOCK, R. H.||221 Market Street|
|BURLINGAME, MRS. JESSIE L.||319 South Front Street|
|BURLINGAME, MISS JOSEPHINE||319 South Front Street|
|BURLINGAME, LEE||Spartanburg, S. C.|
|BURR, MRS. MASON G.||616 Princess Street|
|BURRUSS, MISS ELOVINE T.||Norfolk, Va.|
|BURRUSS, MISS SUSIE||Norfolk, Va.|
|CAMPBELL, J. I.||315 South Third Street|
|CAMPBELL, MRS. J. I.||315 South Third Street|
|CARR, JAMES O.||1901 Market Street|
|CARR, MRS. JAMES O.||1901 Market Street|
|CARTWRIGHT, L. W.||515 Market Street|
|CHADBOURN, MRS. JAS. H.||1901 Market Street|
|CHADWICK, MRS. N. B.||121 South Eighth Street|
|CHADWICK, MISS JENNIE L.||121 South Eighth Street|
|CHINNIS, SAMUEL||412 North Front Street|
|CLARK, CHARLES HAIGH||9 South Seventh Street|
|CLARK, EDWIN N.||411 Orange Street|
|CLARK, MRS. EDWIN N.||411 Orange Street|
|CLARK, LANDON GARLAND||411 Orange Street|
|CLARK, MRS. MARY C.||412 Market Street|
|CLEMENT, ROBERT T.||A. C. L., City|
|COLWELL, MRS. ROBERT F.||408 Chestnut Street|
|COOK, MISS NELLIE||602 Walnut Street|
|COOPER, WILLIAM S.||Castle Hayne, N. C.|
|COTTLE, JOSEPH||Wrightsboro, N. C.|
|COTTLE, MRS. JOSEPH||Wrightsboro, N. C.|
|CRAIG, MISS ELIZABETH MASON||117 South Fourth Street|
|CRAIG, ROY ALEXANDER||117 South Fourth Street|
|CRAIG, W. J.||117 South Fourth Street|
|CRAWFORD, R. W.||The Carolina|
|CROMARTIE, MISS JULIA MCNEILL||403 South Fifth Street|
|CRONLY, MRS. ELIZA L.||14 South Third Street|
|CRONLY, MISS JANE M.||215 South Third Street|
|CRONLY, MISS MARGARET LONDON||14 South Third Street|
|CRONLY, MICHAEL||215 South Third Street|
|CROOM, A. B., JR.||114 North Fourth Street|
|CROOM, MRS. G. H.||114 North Fourth Street|
|CROOM, G. F.||Currie, N. C.|
|CROOM, MRS. G. F.||Currie, N. C.|
|CROSSWELL, H. MARK||Houston, Tex.|
|CROW, MRS. EMMETT||Houston, Tex.|
|CUMMING, MISS KATE||115 Church Street|
|CUMMING, MISS MARY||115 Church Street|
|CUMMING, WILLIAM COOPER||115 Church Street|
|CUMMING, WILLIAM M.||115 Church Street|
|CUMMING, MRS. WILLIAM M.||115 Church Street|
|CURRIE, MRS. FLORA E.||1709 Princess Street|
|CURTISS, GORDON W.||308 Grace Street|
|DAMON, MRS. S. C.||Kingston, R. I.|
|DARDEN, W. H.||Wrightsboro, N. C.|
|DAVIS, MRS. T. W.||1707 Market Street|
|DAVIS, J. HOLMES||412 Chestnut Street|
|DAVIS, MRS. J. HOLMES||412 Chestnut Street|
|DAVIS, MISS MAYME||807 Ann Street|
|DENNY, WILLIAM C.||The Carolina|
|DEROSSET, MRS. R. C.||518 South Third Street|
|DEROSSET, R. C., JR.||518 South Third Street|
|DEVANE, J. D., JR.||613 Orange Street|
|DUFFY, MISS CAROLYN ELIZABETH||8 South Eighth Street|
|DUFFY, MRS. CHARLOTTE GRETTER||8 South Eighth Street|
|DUFFY, MISS DAVIE GRETTER||8 South Eighth Street|
|DUFFY, JAS. LEE||8 South Eighth Street|
|DUNN, ROBT. W.||410 Grace Street|
|DUNN, MRS. ROBT. W.||410 Grace Street|
|DURHAM, MRS. J. H.||304 South Second Street|
|DURHAM, MISS NELLIE ALSTON||304 South Second Street|
|EASON, ANDREW J.||Wrightsboro, N. C.|
|EASON, WALTER E.||Wrightsboro, N. C.|
|EILERS, MISS MATILDA||124 South Fifth Street|
|EMERSON, MRS. WILLIAM P.||318 South Front Street|
|EVANS, CHARLES N.||914 Market Street|
|EVANS, MRS. CHARLES N.||914 Market Street|
|EVERETT, LAWRENCE S.||112 South Seventh Street|
|FAIRWEATHER, MISS ELIZABETH||903 Princess Street|
|FAISON, MISS KATHERINE SPRUNT||210 Nun Street|
|FAISON, MISS JULIA MATTHEWS||210 Nun Street|
|FARLEY, MRS. J. A.||611 Grace Street|
|FARMER, WILLIAM GRAHAM||16 North Eighth Street|
|FARMER, MRS. WILLIAM GRAHAM||16 North Eighth Street|
|FARMER, WILLIAM LOVE||16 North Eighth Street|
|FITCHETT, D. J.||812 Orange Street|
|FITCHETT, MRS. D. J.||812 Orange Street|
|FITCHETT, MISS RUTH||812 Orange Street|
|FLANNER, MRS. A. J.||New York, N. Y.|
|FOREMAN, MRS. J. W.||513 South Sixth Street|
|FOSTER, D. RUSSELL||110 North Sixth Street|
|FOSTER, MRS. D. RUSSELL||110 North Sixth Street|
|FREEMAN, MRS. J. W.||19 North Fifth Street|
|FRENCH, GEORGE R.||302 South Third Street|
|FRENCH, MRS. GEORGE R.||302 South Third Street|
|FRENCH, MRS. EMMA IRENE||113 North Eighth Street|
|FRIELING-SCHORTINGHUIS, WILLEM||Van Eeden, N. C.|
|FRIELING-SCHORTINGHUIS, MRS. WILLEM||Van Eeden, N. C.|
|FRIELING-SCHORTINGHUIS, MISS GERARDA||Albemarle, N. C.|
|FRIELING-SCHORTINGHUIS, MISS MARGARETHA||106 North Sixth Street|
|GALLOWAY, MISS MINNIE A.||219 South Front Street|
|GASKILL, MRS. J. W.||910 South Fourth Street|
|GAUSE, MRS. T. J.||420 South Front Street|
|GIBSON, MISS MARGARET L.||1804 Market Street|
|GIBSON, MRS. R. W.||1804 Market Street|
|GILBERT, MRS. ANNIE M.||Gilbert House|
|GILBERT, CHARLES DAVID||212 Market Street|
|GILCHRIST, MRS. WILLIAM||708 Market Street|
|GILCHRIST, MISS JENNIE BUCHANAN||708 Market Street|
|GRADY, R. G.||108 Nun Street|
|GRADY, MRS. R. G.||108 Nun Street|
|GRAHAM, MISS MARGARET||117 North Third Street|
|GREEN, MRS. H. C.||422 South Fifth Street|
|GREEN, H. MCL.||406 South Third Street|
|GREEN, MRS. H. MCL.||406 South Third Street|
|HACK, F. C.||Denver, Colo.|
|HALL, A. M.||111 Church Street|
|HALL, MRS. A. M.||111 Church Street|
|HALL, B. F.||820 Princess Street|
|HALL, MRS. B. F.||820 Princess Street|
|HALL, MISS JANE SPRUNT||820 Princess Street|
|HALL, MISS JESSIE DALZIEL||Tsing-Kiang-Pu, China|
|HALL, JOHN||6 South Ninth Street|
|HALL, MRS. JOHN||6 South Ninth Street|
|HALL, L. E.||711 Dock Street|
|HALL, MISS MAGGIE B.||318 South Front Street|
|HALL, MISS MARY HARGRAVE||111 Church Street|
|HALL, MISS SUSAN ELIZA||820 Princess Street|
|HALL, W. D.||316 North Second Street|
|HALL, WILLIAM GEORGE||316 North Second Street|
|HALLET, ALLEN P.||New York, N. Y.|
|HAND, MRS. LAURA||Carolina Beach Road|
|HARPER, JOHN W.||311 South Front Street|
|HARPER, MRS. JOHN W.||311 South Front Street|
|HARRISS, MRS. ADA||219 South Sixth Street|
|HARRISS, MISS ELIZABETH FOY||219 South Sixth Street|
|HARRISS, MISS EUGENIA WILLIAMS||503 South Third Street|
|HARRISS, GEORGE||503 South Third Street|
|HARRISS, MRS. GEORGE||503 South Third Street|
|HARRISS, MISS JOSEPHINE SANDERS||219 South Sixth Street|
|HARRISS, MISS MARY||Lumberton, N. C.|
|HASHAGEN, MISS CARRIE BRADFORD||517 Orange Street|
|HASHAGEN, MISS ESTHER DANVERS||517 Orange Street|
|HASHAGEN, MRS. F. E.||517 Orange Street|
|HASHAGEN, FREDERICK E., JR.||517 Orange Street|
|HASHAGEN, GEORGE LOVE||517 Orange Street|
|HASHAGEN, WALTER G.||517 Orange Street|
|HATCHELL, BOYD D.||121½ South Front Street|
|HEAD, MRS. J. F.||216 South Second Street|
|HEDRICK, MRS. J. D.||118 South Ninth Street|
|HEDRICK, JAS. D., JR.||118 South Ninth Street|
|HEDRICK, MARION||118 South Ninth Street|
|HEINSBERGER, EDWARD LEWIS||807 Ann Street|
|HEINSBERGER, MISS MARGARET STUART||807 Ann Street|
|HEINSBERGER, PHILIP, JR.||807 Ann Street|
|HEINSBERGER, MRS. PHILIP, JR.||807 Ann Street|
|HERRING, MISS GLADYS MURPHY||302 South Third Street|
|HERRING, WILLIAM GRAHAM||210 North Second Street|
|HICKS, MISS ATHANASIA ROYAL||418 South Third Street|
|HICKS, JOHN MOORE GRAY||418 South Third Street|
|HICKS, LEWIS GLASGOW||418 South Third Street|
|HICKS, RUFUS W.||418 South Third Street|
|HICKS, MRS. RUFUS W.||418 South Third Street|
|HICKS, RUFUS W., JR.||418 South Third Street|
|HILL, MISS JULIA HAYWOOD||405 Princess Street|
|HOFFMAN, MISS DAISY IRENE||705 Dock Street|
|HOLLADAY, WILLIAM WALTER||412 Nun Street|
|HOLT, E. C.||1711 Market Street|
|HOLT, MRS. E. C.||1711 Market Street|
|HOLT, MISS DOLORES STEVENS||1711 Market Street|
|HOWELL, MRS. ANDREW J.||1918 Market Street|
|HOWELL, CLEWELI||1918 Market Street|
|HOWELL, MRS. C. F.||The Carolina|
|HOWELL, DUDLEY||9 South Seventh Street|
|HOWELL, MISS ELIZA BELLAMY||7 South Seventh Street|
|HOWELL, MISS LAURA||1918 Market Street|
|HOWELL, WILLIAM HARRISS||9 South Seventh Street|
|HUGGINS, MRS ANN M.||705 Dock Street|
|HUGGINS, MISS ANNIE JAMES||705 Dock Street|
|HUGGINS, EDWIN TOOMER||101 North Sixth Street|
|HUGGINS, MRS. EDWIN TOOMER||101 North Sixth Street|
|HUGGINS, GEORGE W.||412 Market Street|
|HUGGINS, MRS. GEORGE W.||412 Market Street|
|HUGGINS, H. ALLEN||412 Market Street|
|HUGGINS, MRS. H. ALLEN||412 Market Street|
|HUGHES, MRS. B. F.||110 South Sixth Street|
|HUNT, H. LACY||223 South Fifth Street|
|HUNT, RAYMOND||The Carolina|
|HUNT, ROBERT||414 South Second Street|
|HUNT, MRS. ROBERT||414 South Second Street|
|HUNTINGTON, J. B.||224 South Fourth Street|
|HUNTINGTON, MRS. J. B.||224 South Fourth Street|
|JACKSON, CLAUDE L.||217 South Second Street|
|JACKSON, MISS ELOISE||310 South Fourth Street|
|JACKSON, GEORGE CHADBOURN||310 South Fourth Street|
|JACKSON, JAMES W.||310 South Fourth Street|
|JACKSON, MRS. JAMES W.||310 South Fourth Street|
|JACKSON, MISS JEANNIE||310 South Fourth Street|
|JAMES, MRS. GEO. P.||Washington, D. C.|
|JARMAN, J. FRANK||1910 Princess Street|
|JARMAN, MRS. J. F.||1910 Princess Street|
|JOHNSON, MRS. ANNA||14 North Fourth Street|
|JOHNSON, GEORGE T.||504 North Fourth Street|
|JOHNSON, MISS KATIE ELLISON||602 Walnut Street|
|JOHNSON, MISS REBECCA LOVE||14 North Fourth Street|
|JOHNSON, MISS RENA LOUISE||14 North Fourth Street|
|JOHNSON, WARREN S.||1519 Chestnut Street|
|JOHNSON, MRS. WARREN S.||1519 Chestnut Street|
|JONES, MRS. F. H.||Atlanta, Ga.|
|JONES, THOMAS A.||Councils, N. C.|
|JORDAN, A. R.||317 North Third Street|
|JORDAN, MRS. HETTIE B.||317 North Third Street|
|JORDAN, MISS ELIZABETH||317 North Third Street|
|JORDAN, MISS KATIE B.||317 North Third Street|
|JORDAN, MISS LAURA BELL||317 North Third Street|
|KENAN, MRS. GRAHAM||202 South Third Street|
|KENAN, MRS. MARY H.||202 South Third Street|
|KENLY, MISS EDNA MANNING||Winchester, Mass.|
|KENLY, MRS. J. R.||405 South Third Street|
|KEYES, STUART ROBERTSON||115 North Fourth Street|
|KING, A. M.||Winoca Terrace|
|KING, MRS. A. M.||Winoca Terrace|
|KING, MRS. J. S.||Petersburg, Va.|
|KING, MRS. MARIANA KATHLEEN||Wrightsboro, N. C.|
|KNAPP, L. A.||Dallas, Tex.|
|KNAPP, MRS. L. A.||Dallas, Tex.|
|KOCH, MRS. W. W.||320 Chestnut Street|
|LARKINS, MISS DURALDE||112 South Seventh Street|
|LATHAM, MRS. GRACE NAYSMITH||The Carolina|
|LEGRAND, MISS FLORENCE||903 Princess Street|
|LEITNER, MRS. J. F.||217 Dock Street|
|LEWIS, MRS. MARY HOLMES||404 North Sixth Street|
|LEWIS, ROBERT B.||613 Walnut Street|
|LEWIS, MRS. ROBERT B.||613 Walnut Street|
|LEWIS, MRS. SALLIE G.||418 South Third Street|
|LILLY, MISS KATE BUCHANAN||504 Orange Street|
|LINAKER, MRS. SUSAN DRISSEI||Wrightsboro, N. C.|
|LITTLE, JOS. W.||108 South Third Street|
|LITTLE, MRS. JOS. W.||108 South Third Street|
|LIVELY, GEORGE H.||16 North Eighth Street|
|LOVE, MISS ANNIE ELIZABETH||305 South Second Street|
|LOVE, WILLIAM W.||Winoca Terrace|
|LOVE, MRS. WILLIAM W.||Winoca Terrace|
|LUCAS, GEORGE F.||515 Market Street|
|MACRAE, MRS. MARTHA||Atlanta, Ga.|
|MCCAIG, W. D.||1711 Princess Street|
|MCCAIG, MRS. W. D.||1711 Princess Street|
|MCCLINTOCK, HOWARD||120 South Fifth Street|
|MCCLINTOCK, MRS. HOWARD||120 South Fifth Street|
|MCCORMICK, AUSTIN D.||405 Walnut Street|
|MCCRARY, MRS. R. E.||114 Grace Street|
|MCDONALD, SIDNEY||Wrightsville, N. C.|
|MCDONALD, THOMAS||Wrightsville, N. C.|
|MCDONALD, MRS. THOMAS||Wrightsville, N. C.|
|MCINTIRE, MISS FLORA BELL||819 Market Street|
|MCINTIRE, JAMES EDWIN||819 Market Street|
|MCINTIRE, JOHN MCKAY||Cleveland, Ohio|
|MCINTIRE, MISS LOUISE||819 Market Street|
|MCINTIRE, MISS ROBBIE EARL||819 Market Street|
|MCINTIRE, MRS. SARAH L.||819 Market Street|
|MCINTIRE, WILLIAM LOVE||819 Market Street|
|MCINTOSH, D. M.||507 Orange Street|
|MCINTOSH, MRS. D. M.||507 Orange Street|
|MCINTOSH, MISS MONTIE||9 South Fourth Street|
|MCKOY, MISS ELIZABETH F.||402 South Third Street|
|MCKOY, FRANCIS K.||402 South Third Street|
|MCKOY, HENRY B.||402 South Third Street|
|MCKOY, MRS. W. B.||402 South Third Street|
|MCKOY, WILLIAM A.||Memphis, Tenn.|
|MCLAURIN, MISS SARAH||125 South Fifth Street|
|MCQUEEN, H. C.||318 South Front Street|
|MCQUEEN, MISS SUE MOORE||318 South Front Street|
|MANNING, MRS. KATE T.||509 Orange Street|
|MANNING, MISS KATHARINE TAYLOR||509 Orange Street|
|MATHERS, J. A.||Dundee, Scotland|
|MATHERS, JOHN M.||718 Chestnut Street|
|MATHERS, MRS. JOHN M.||718 Chestnut Street|
|MATTHEWS, JOHN E.||210 Nun Street|
|MATTHEWS, MRS. JOHN E.||210 Nun Street|
|MAYO, ARTHUR, JR.||Washington, N. C.|
|MEISTER, MRS. C. L.||521 Dock Street|
|MERRIMAN, JOEL ATWOOD||404 Orange Street|
|MERRIMAN, MISS KATIE LEE||404 Orange Street|
|MERRIMAN, L. J.||404 Orange Street|
|MERRIMAN, MRS. L. J.||404 Orange Street|
|MERRIMAN, LEONARD W.||404 Orange Street|
|MERRITT, MRS. WILLIAM E.||210 South Ninth Street|
|MILLER, STEPHEN LEE||Asheville, N. C.|
|MILLER, WILLIAM L.||515 Market Street|
|MILLER, MRS. WILLIAM L.||515 Market Street|
|MILLS, MRS. B. S.||The Cape Fear|
|MITCHELL, GEORGE LINWOOD||113 North Fourth Street|
|MITCHELL, MISS FANNIE STARR||113 North Fourth Street|
|MONROE, JAMES CLARK||423 South Third Street|
|MONROE WILLIAM G.||423 South Third Street|
|MOORE, MISS LUCY JONES||212 South Second Street|
|MOORE, MAURICE HARDIN||104 South Fourth Street|
|MOORE, W. HOUSTON||203 North Third Street|
|MOORE, MRS. W. HOUSTON||203 North Third Street|
|MOORE, MRS. P. Q.||104 South Fourth Street|
|MORSE, MRS. C. S.||403 Dock Street|
|MUNDS, MRS. W. C.||818 Market Street|
|MUNSON, EDWARD HARDING||319 Walnut Street|
|MUNSON, MISS KATE CLARK||319 Walnut Street|
|MURPHY, HUGH T.||514 Princess Street|
|MURPHY, J. G.||The Carolina|
|MURPHY, MISS MARGARET||514 Princess Street|
|MURPHY, ROBERT N.||514 Princess Street|
|MURRAY, CLAUDE||405 Princess Street|
|NEVENS, GEORGE S.||Wrightsville, N. C.|
|NEVENS, MRS. GEORGE S.||Wrightsville, N. C.|
|NEVENS, GEORGE S., JR.||Wrightsville, N. C.|
|NEWELL, MRS. KATE L.||410 North Third Street|
|NORTHROP, MISS LIZZIE MAY||506 Dock Street|
|NORTHROP, MISS MARY M.||506 Dock Street|
|NORTHROP, ROBERT H.||108 South Fifth Street|
|NORTHROP, WILLIAM HARRISS||Wrightsville Beach, N. C.|
|O'BERRY, MRS. C. H.||318 Ann Street|
|O'BERRY, MISS GOURNEY SALES||318 Ann Street|
|O'HANLAN, MISS KATE||Tenafly, N. J.|
|PARSLEY, MISS AMANDA NUTT||112 South Seventh Street|
|PARSLEY, MISS BLANCHE||1901 Market Street|
|PARSLEY, MRS. KATIE KING||1901 Market Street|
|PARSLEY, MISS LAURA BROWN||112 South Seventh Street|
|PARSLEY, MRS. MARY D.||112 South Seventh Street|
|PARSLEY, MISS THERESA||1901 Market Street|
|PARSLEY, WILLIAM M.||112 South Seventh Street|
|PATTERSON, G. K.||504 Orange Street|
|PATTERSON, MRS. G. K.||504 Orange Street|
|PEADRICK, MRS. IDA||710 Walnut Street|
|PEARSALL, PHILANDER||314 South Front Street|
|PEARSALL, MRS. PHILANDER||314 South Front Street|
|PEARSON, MRS. J. E.||114 Grace Street|
|PEATROSS, A. S.||The Cape Fear|
|PEATROSS, MRS. A. S.||The Cape Fear|
|PECK, MRS. ELIZABETH P.||311 South Third Street|
|PECK, MISS ELIZABETH PARSLEY||311 South Third Street|
|PECK, WILLIAM M.||311 South Third Street|
|PEMBERTON, MISS HATTIE BORDEN||715 Dock Street|
|PEMBERTON, MISS ELIZABETH TAYLOR||715 Dock Street|
|PEMBERTON, W. H.||715 Dock Street|
|PEMBERTON, MRS. W. H.||715 Dock Street|
|PENNEY, E. O.||3 North Ninth Street|
|PETERSON, MRS. JANET A.||105 North Ninth Street|
|PHILYAW, MRS. E.||1802 Market Street|
|PINER, T. D.||309 North Ninth Street|
|PINER, MRS. T. D.||309 North Ninth Street|
|PLOWDEN, MISS MARIE LUCILLE||308 South Fifth Street|
|PLOWDEN, MISS REBECCA CAROLINE||308 South Fifth Street|
|PLUMMER, MRS. SUSAN V.||312 North Fifth Street|
|POWELL, MRS. J. W.||510 Dock Street|
|POWERS, MISS HELEN MURIEL||714 Dock Street|
|POWERS, MRS. EMMA T.||216 South Second Street|
|PRICE, MISS BETTIE K.||125 South Fifth Street|
|PRICE, MRS. RICHARD J.||224 South Third Street|
|RAPALJE, HERBERT DEWITT||The Carolina|
|REESE, P. W.||315 South Fifth Street|
|REESE, MRS. P. W.||315 South Fifth Street|
|REILLY, MRS. JAMES OWEN||212 Nun Street|
|REMICK, MRS. R. C.||318 South Third Street|
|RENNEKER, W. E.||218 South Fourth Street|
|RENNEKER, MRS. W. E.||218 South Fourth Street|
|RENNEKER, MISS FLORENCE EMMA||218 South Fourth Street|
|REYNOLDS, B. B.||211 South Fifth Street|
|ROACHE, JESSE F.||419 South Third Street|
|ROACHE, MRS. JESSE F.||419 South Third Street|
|ROBERTS, C. J.||720 Market Street|
|ROBERTS, MRS. C. J.||720 Market Street|
|ROBERTS, MRS. LENA SANDLIN||Chicago, Ill.|
|ROBINSON, CHARLES H.||109 North Fifth Street|
|ROBINSON, CHARLES H., JR.||Bay St. Louis, Miss.|
|ROBINSON, MRS. ISABELLE||109 North Fifth Street|
|ROBINSON, UEI. M.||New York, N. Y.|
|ROGERS, MRS. L.||Asheville, N. C.|
|ROGERS, ELIJAH||205 South Second Street|
|ROGERS, MRS. ELIJAH||205 South Second Street|
|ROSE, MRS. R. S.||314 South Fifth Street|
|ROYALL, MRS. W. N.||207 North Third Street|
|RUARK, EDSON C.||417 South Fifth Street|
|RUSH, MISS ROSE GERTRUDE||110 North Sixth Street|
|RUSSELL, B. MCD.||111 North Seventh Street|
|RUSSELL, MRS. B. MCD.||111 North Seventh Street|
|RUSSELL, FRANK H.||115 South Third Street|
|RUSSELL, MRS. FRANK H.||115 South Third Street|
|RUSSELL, MISS KATHARINE||115 South Third Street|
|SAVAGE, MISS ANNA PARSLEY||120 South Third Street|
|SAVAGE, MRS. JANE||120 South Third Street|
|SCHADT, MRS. E. J.||918 Princess Street|
|SCHONWALD, BYRON B.||116 Nun Street|
|SCHONWALD, JOHN T.||116 Nun Street|
|SCHONWALD, MRS. JOHN T.||116 Nun Street|
|SCHROEDER, MRS. MARION M.||118 South Ninth Street|
|SCOTT, ROBERT||101 North Fifth Street|
|SEARS, J. F.||520 Dock Street|
|SEARS, MISS LILLIE MAY||517 North Third Street|
|SELLERS, M. M.||312 Red Cross Street|
|SELLERS, WALLACE W.||611 South Second Street|
|SHAW, HARRY||218 South Third Street|
|SHAW, HEMAN S.||218 South Third Street|
|SHAW, MISS RUTH||218 South Third Street|
|SHAW, MRS. W. M.||218 South Third Street|
|SHAW, WILLIAM M., JR.||218 South Third Street|
|SHEPARD, MRS. L. M.||119 Chestnut Street|
|SHEPARD, MISS MARY LOUISE||317 South Second Street|
|SHEPARD, NORMAN C.||119 Chestnut Street|
|SHEPPARD, RALPH M.||414 Princess Street|
|SHEPPARD, MRS. RALPH M.||414 Princess Street|
|SHEPARD, MISS WINIFRED BOWDEN||317 South Second Street|
|SHEPARD, MRS. J. C.||317 South Second Street|
|SIDBURY, MRS. K. C.||1010 Market Street|
|SIKES, MRS. CHATHAM||216 South Second Street|
|SINCLAIR, D. B.||Waycross, Ga.|
|SKINNER, MISS LUCILLE E.||308 South Front Street|
|SMITH, A. C.||The Cape Fear|
|SMITH, MRS. A. C.||The Cape Fear|
|SMITH, MRS. AMANDA N.||102 North Fifth Street|
|SMITH, MISS HATTIE LOU||609 Orange Street|
|SMITH, R. E.||519 South Third Street|
|SMITH, MRS. ROSE B.||315 South Third Street|
|SMITH, MISS RUTH STUART||519 South Third Street|
|SMITH, MRS. O. B.||414 Nun Street|
|SMITH, W. C.||609 Orange Street|
|SNEED, E. H.||422 South Front Street|
|SNEED, MRS. E. H.||422 South Front Street|
|SOUTHERLAND, MRS. ELLA E.||16 North Eighth Street|
|SOUTHERLAND, MRS. F. MCKOY||104 Church Street|
|SPRINGER, J. A.||102 North Fifth Street|
|SPRINGER, MRS. J. A.||102 North Fifth Street|
|SPRINGER, S. J.||513 Princess Street|
|SPRINGER, MRS. S. J.||513 Princess Street|
|SPRUNT, JAMES||400 South Front Street|
|SPRUNT, MRS. JAMES||400 South Front Street|
|SPRUNT, JAMES LAURENCE||411 South Front Street|
|SPRUNT, MRS. WALTER P.||219 North Third Street|
|STANLY, J. W.||323 South Front Street|
|STANLY, MRS. J. W.||323 South Front Street|
|STEVENSON, WILLIAM M.||17 South Eighth Street|
|STEVENSON, MRS. WILLIAM M.||17 South Eighth Street|
|SULLIVAN, MRS. H. C.||714 Dock Street|
|SUMMY, ALBERT T.||23 South Second Street|
|SUZUKI, SUI||Washington, D. C.|
|TAPP, MRS. R. E.||1819 Princess Street|
|TAYLOR, MISS FANNIE||509 Orange Street|
|TAYLOR, MRS. C. L.||Wrightsville, N. C.|
|TAYLOR, MISS FLORENCE ALLEN||Wrightsville, N. C.|
|TAYLOR, MISS VIRGINIA CUMMING||714 Market Street|
|TAYLOR, WALKER||714 Market Street|
|TAYLOR, MRS. WALKER||714 Market Street|
|TAYLOR, WALKER, JR.||714 Market Street|
|THACKER, B. W.||113 North Eighth Street|
|THACKER, MRS. B. W.||113 North Eighth Street|
|THAMES, MISS ELIZABETH||319 South Front Street|
|THAMES, FRANCIS CECIL||319 South Front Street|
|THAMES, DR. JOHN||319 South Front Street|
|THAMES, MRS. JOHN||319 South Front Street|
|THAMES, JOHN ALLEN||319 South Front Street|
|THOMAS, CHAS. L. C.||Patten School, Asheville, N. C.|
|THOMAS, ROY||Washington, D. C.|
|THOMPSON, MRS. F. A.||109 North Fifth Street|
|THOMPSON, MISS FANNIE DELL||217 Market Street|
|THOMPSON, MISS GORDON ELMIRA||217 Market Street|
|THOMPSON, MRS. N. G.||407 North Seventh Street|
|THOMPSON, MISS JULIA||Red Springs, N. C.|
|THOMPSON, MISS LUCILLE MARY||217 Market Street|
|THOMPSON, MISS NELLIE||Red Springs, N. C.|
|THOMPSON, WILLIAM EDWARD||Davidson, N. C.|
|THOMPSON, W. G.||Red Springs, N. C.|
|TOON, MISS EMILY WORTH||516 Princess Street|
|TOON, WILLIAM PINCKNEY||516 Princess Street|
|TOON, MRS. WILLIAM PINCKNEY||516 Princess Street|
|TOON, WILLIAM P., JR.||516 Princess Street|
|TRENHOLM, MRS. J. B.||103 South Fourth Street|
|TURRENTINE, MISS ANNIE PRENTISS||314 North Fifth Street|
|TURRENTINE, MISS CATHERINE||314 North Fifth Street|
|TURRENTINE, MISS HARRIET B.||314 North Fifth Street|
|TURRENTINE, HUGH W.||505 Ann Street|
|TURRENTINE, JOHN R.||814 Market Street|
|TURRENTINE, MRS. JOHN R.||814 Market Street|
|TURRENTINE, JOHN R., JR.||314 North Fifth Street|
|TURRENTINE, MRS. JOHN R., JR.||314 North Fifth Street|
|TURRENTINE, JOHN WILLIAMSON||314 North Fifth Street|
|VON GLAHN, MISS CARRIE MAY||19 North Fifth Street|
|WALLACE, O. T.||Birmingham, Ala.|
|WARROCK, MRS. G. A.||307 South Second Street|
|WARROCK, MRS. V. F.||307 South Second Street|
|WEATHERS, C. M.||117 North Third Street|
|WEATHERS, MRS. C. M.||117 North Third Street|
|WEATHES, MISS HELEN||117 North Third Street|
|WEBB, MRS. SADIE D.||Wrightsboro, N. C.|
|WELLS, JAMES L.||311 North Fifth Street|
|WELLS, JOHN M., JR.||315 Orange Street|
|WELLS, MRS. JOHN M., JR.||315 Orange Street|
|WELLS, THOMAS M.||315 Orange Street|
|WELLS, WILLIAM CALVIN||315 Orange Street|
|WESTBROOK, MISS EMILY S.||Greensboro, N. C.|
|WHITEHEAD, MRS. Z. W.||212 Orange Street|
|WHITEHEAD, THOMAS RUFFIN||212 Orange Street|
|WHITEHEAD, MRS. WILLIAM A.||401 South Third Street|
|WHITEHEAD, WILLIAM G.||401 South Third Street|
|WHITEHEAD, MRS. WILLIAM G.||401 South Third Street|
|WHITLOCK, HAROLD W.||Columbus, Ohio|
|WIGGINS, MISS AUGUSTA||224 South Third Street|
|WIGGINS, J. M.||213 North Second Street|
|WIGGINS, MRS. J. M.||213 North Second Street|
|WIGGINS, MISS MARY MCLAUGHLIN||224 South Third Street|
|WILLARD, MARTIN S.||520 Orange Street|
|WILLARD, MRS. T. B.||1419 South Third Street|
|WILLIAMS, DUNCAN M.||513 Market Street|
|WILLIAMS, E. D.||115 North Fourth Street|
|WILLIAMS, MISS FANNIE REID||10 South Fifth Street|
|WILLIAMS, MISS MARTHA||10 South Fifth Street|
|WILLIAMS, ZEB||Newbern, N. C.|
|WILLIAMS, MRS. ZEB||Newbern, N. C.|
|WILLSON, JAMES E.||615 Princess Street|
|WILLSON, MRS. JAMES E.||615 Princess Street|
|WILLSON, JAMES E., JR.||615 Princess Street|
|WILLSON, MISS LASSIE PRICE||615 Princess Street|
|WILLSON, MISS MARY S.||615 Princess Street|
|WILLSON, MISS MAUD ELIZABETH||615 Princess Street|
|WINDLEY, MRS. MARY J.||Wrightsboro, N. C.|
|WISE, MRS. JESSIE K.||110 Nun Street|
|WISE, MISS LOUISE CLISBY||110 Nun Street|
|WOOD, EDWARD JENNER||407 South Third Street|
|WOOD, MRS. EDWARD JENNER||407 South Third Street|
|WOOD, MISS ETHEL||320 Chestnut Street|
|WOOD, MISS JEANNIE DALZIEL||201 Chestnut Street|
|WOOD, JOHN HUNTER||81 Waban Avenue, Waban, Mass.|
|WOOD, MRS. JOHN HUNTER||81 Waban Avenue, Waban, Mass.|
|WOOD, MISS MAGGIE HALL||201 Chestnut Street|
|WOOD, MRS. MARY K.||201 Chestnut Street|
|WOOD, THOMAS F.||519 South Third Street|
|WOOD, MRS. THOMAS F.||519 South Third Street|
|WOODARD, CHARLES W.||1806 Market Street|
|WOODARD, MISS EMMA M.||210 North Second Street|
|WOODARD, MRS. MARY J.||210 North Second Street|
|WORTH, MISS ANNIE ELIZABETH||412 South Third Street|
|WORTH, CHARLES W.||412 South Third Street|
|WORTH, MRS. CHARLES W.||412 South Third Street|
|WORTH, CHARLES WILLIAM||Kiang-Yin, China|
|WORTH, MISS EMMA ADELAIDE||412 South Third Street|
|WORTH, GEORGE C.||Kiang-Yin, China|
|WORTH, MRS. GEORGE C.||Kiang-Yin, China|
|WORTH, MISS LOUISE GASTON||412 South Third Street|
|WORTH, MISS MARY||412 South Third Street|
|WORTH, WILLIAM CHADBOURN||Kiang-Yin, China|
|WORTH, WM. E.||211 Orange Street|
|WORTH, MRS. WM. E.||211 Orange Street|
|WRIGHT, MISS MARY C.||107 South Seventh Street|
|YEAGER, ALEX S.||704 Castle Street|
|YEAGER, MRS. ALEX S.||704 Castle Street|
|ADAMS, O. H.||DEW, MISS LOTTIE MAY|
|ARTHUR, ROBT. E.|
|ELLIS, T. MOODY|
|BARFIELD, LOT||ELLIS, MRS. LULA R.|
|BENTON, MRS. CALLIE||EVANS, MISS ROWENA|
|BENTON, CLARENCE LEO|
|BIGGS, BENJAMIN R.||FAULK, MISS ELLA|
|BENSON, MISS GERTRUDE||FLOYD, MISS MORTIE MAY|
|BENSON, MISS MARY L||FOWLER, MISS HATTIE|
|BENSON, MISS HALLIE||FRYAR, WALTER N.|
|BRANCH, WILLIAM A.|
|BRANCH, MRS. IDA L.||GODBOLD, R. L.|
|BROWN, MISS DAISY V.||GODBOLD, MRS. R. L.|
|BROWN, EDGAR||GOINS, MISS PEARL I.|
|BROWN, ERNEST L.||GOLEY, JOHN W.|
|BUCK, MRS. JOHNNIE L.||GOLEY, MRS. BERTHA H.|
|BUIE, H. R.||GOLEY, LAWRENCE B.|
|BUIE, MRS. H. R.||GRADY, MISS PEARL|
|BUIE, MRS. HOLLAND H.||GRAY, MISS ANNIE|
|GURGANUS, MRS. MARY S.|
|CALL, ALBERT EDWARD|
|CALL, MISS ISABELLA||HARRIS, MRS. FLOSSIE G.|
|CANFIELD, J. SHEPHERD||HAYS, MISS IDA G.|
|CARLSTROM, JOSEPH H.||HAYS, WILLIAM THOMAS|
|CARTER, HAMILTON||HILL, GASTON N.|
|CLEMMONS, JOSEPH||HILL, MRS. G. N.|
|CLEMMONS, MRS. HETTIE E.||HINES, ISAAC F.|
|COBLE, MARTINE V.||HOBBS, MRS. MAGGIE S.|
|COBLE, MRS. MAUDE C.||HOLLOMAN, CHAUNCEY|
|COOK, GRADY BANKS||HOLT, WILLIAM L.|
|COOK, MRS. VALLIE M.||HOLT, MRS. WILLIAM L.|
|COOK, ELIJAH TILDEN||HORNE, MISS PEAN|
|COOK, MRS. SMITHY W.||HORNE, JOHN|
|COOK, GROVER||HOWARD, MRS. KATIE W.|
|COOK, MRS. BESSIE MAY||HUFFHAM, BENJAMIN B.|
|CREECH, H. C.|
|DEW, WILLARD V.||JOHNSON, MRS. ORIN|
|DEW, MRS. MARY C.||JOHNSON, MRS. CLARA B.|
|JOHNSON, ORIN RUFUS||SCOGGINS, MRS. LUCY P.|
|JOHNSON, JNO. MAHONEY||SIMMONS, MRS. NETTIE|
|JOHNSON, MISS MARIE THERESA||SIMMONS, MISS ADA BELL|
|JOHNSON, MRS. VICTORIA R.||SIMMONS, MRS. LIZZIE|
|JORDAN, MRS. ANNIE||SIMMONS, ERNEST CARR|
|JORDAN, LAWRENCE G.||SIMMONS, MISS SUSANNA|
|JORDAN, MRS. OLIVE T.||SIMMONS, MISS MYRTLE|
|JORDAN, MISS MAGGIE||SKIPPER, CHAS. L.|
|JORDAN, PAUL R.||SKIPPER, MRS. CHAS. L.|
|JUSTICE, CLIFTON E.||SMITH, MRS. NETTIE W.|
|SMITH, MRS. IDA LOUISE|
|LIGON, A. G.||SUMMERLIN, JOHN|
|LITTLE, DONNIE C.||SUMMERLIN, MRS. ALICE|
|MCNEILL, MRS. MARY E.||SUMMERLIN, GEORGE|
|MILLIGAN, J. R.||THOMPSON, MISS ETTA|
|MILLIGAN, MRS. SALLIE|
|MILLIGAN, MISS JESSIE||WAGNER, IRVIN BOYD|
|MOORE, MRS. MINNIE R.||WAGNER, MISS VALVIE HOPE|
|WAGNER, MISS MARY E.|
|PRUITT, MRS. H. R.||WALLACE, MISS ELSIE L.|
|PRUITT, MISS RACHEL L.||WALLACE, MRS. JULIA C.|
|WALLER, JOHN T.|
|RACKLEY, J. R.||WARD, MISS MANDY VIRGINIA|
|RACKLEY, MRS. J. R.||WARD, MISS DELLA|
|REYNOLDS, MRS. ALBERTA C.||WARREN, MISS LIZZIE M.|
|REYNOLDS, MISS MYRTLE||WATTS, MISS ADDIE BELLE|
|RIGGANS, JESSE R.||WEAVER, MRS. LUCY|
|RIGGANS, MRS. MARY W.||WEAVER, MISS ELIZABETH|
|ROBINSON, MISS JENNIE M.||WEAVER, SAMUEL THOMAS|
|ROGERS, ANDREW J.||WEAVER, MRS. CARRIE E.|
|ROGERS, GEO. R.||WELLS, MISS MAGGIE M. C.|
|ROGERS, MISS GRACE J. D.||WHITE, MISS SALLIE IRENE|
|ROGERS, MRS. NYCIE OVILLA||WILLIAMSON, MRS. CLAUDIA F.|
|ROWAN, MRS. MARY||WOODCOCK, CARL|
|ROWAN, MRS. MINNIE||WOODCOCK, FREDERICK HERBERT|
|ROWAN, JOHN D.||WOODS, WALTER A.|
|WOODS, MRS. JENNIE H.|
|SCOGGINS, WM. C.||WOODS, MISS NEENAH FAY|