The Model School15 May 2009
Source: University Archives, Call Number 50-20-1918
Staff Person: Kacy Guill
Also known as the practice school, the training school, and the laboratory school, the East Carolina Teachers Training School Model School opened in 1915. The model school was built to ensure that “students who are teachers and who are to become teachers see children at work and where they may work with the children under guidance.” The model school was located on the edge of the ravine and within ten years the foundation became unstable forcing the removal of the school.
Click on the image to see an enlarged version.