May 6, 2014, (unprocessed) 1.15 cubic feet; This collection contains material documenting the history of Everetts Baptist Church in Everetts, Martin County, N.C. It was founded in 1877 as Pine Forest Church and when the original building was relocated to Everetts from its more rural setting nearby, it took the name Everetts Baptist Church. The present brick structure was completed in 1926. Included are deeds (1953, 1963, 1980, 1981) for the parsonage land and land for later buildings; an album containing identified photographs, clippings, correspondence and a program related to the church's 1977 celebration of its Centennial; a photograph album (1950s-1980s) concerning the church containing mostly unidentified photographs, clippings and programs; and a History of Everetts Baptist Church 1877-1974 by Helen K. Peel, the donor's mother. The collection also includes Mrs. Peel's research notes; a typed copy of her history; and a scrapbook (1971-1978, 1990) containing letters, church bulletins, and clippings she kept while writing, publishing, and selling her publication, information related to the 1977 Centennial Celebration, and general questions asked of her as the church historian. Gift of Jesse R. Peel
Gift of Jesse R. Peel
Literary rights to specific documents are retained by the authors or their descendants in accordance with U.S. copyright law.
Everetts Baptist Church Records (#1231), East Carolina Manuscript Collection, J. Y. Joyner Library, East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina, USA