Collection contains a newspaper clipping (6/10/1923) entitled "Christian Church Growth in 20 Years Proud Record, Dedication Services Sunday" from the Greenville, North Carolina, Daily Reflector.
The organization of the church occurred after Reverend Thomas Campbell visited Greenville, North Carolina, in 1833. The Greenville Christian Church was formed by T.E. Hooker, E.A. Moye, J.A. Lang and others in 1900 in the home of Mr. Hooker. The building was erected at Church Street and Dickinson Avenue, but moved in 1916. The Greenville Christian Church grew from 23 members to 450 members from 1900 to 1923, while Reverend Dr. W. P. Shamhart, and Reverend J.J. Walker ministered there.
The Greenville Christian Church Collection contains one newspaper article including information on a worship service being held, and the record breaking growth and history of the church in Greenville, North Carolina.
Gift of Maury York
Encoded by Lindsay Flood, April 4, 2008
Processed by Leah Turner, October 19, 2017
Literary rights to specific documents are retained by the authors or their descendants in accordance with U.S. copyright law.