|Title:||[Branch and Company, Bankers] Records|
|Repository:||ECU Manuscript Collection|
|Abstract:||Ledger (1890) probably belonging to Branch and Company, Bankers of Wilson, NC showing accounts of individuals and organizations with which it did business.|
|Extent:||0.48 Cubic feet.|
May 27, 2002, (unprocessed), 1 container, 0.48 cubic feet, 1 volume; Ledger (1890) probably belonging to Branch and Company, Bankers of Wilson, NC showing accounts of individuals and organizations with which it did business. (796 of 796 pages used.). Donor: Dannie Wooten.
Literary rights to specific documents are retained by the authors or their descendants in accordance with U.S. copyright law.
[Branch and Company, Bankers] Records (#864), Special Collections Department, J. Y. Joyner Library, East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina, USA.
Encoded by Apex Data Services
The donor acquired the ledger from BB&T when the firm sold its Main Office in Wilson, NC (prior to 1983). The firm was extablished by Alphaeus Branch and Thomas Jefferson Hadley in 1872 as Hadley and Branch, private bankers. It was renamed Branch and Company, Bankers, in 1887, when Branch bought out Hadley's interest in the firm. It has been known since 1913 as Branch Banking and Trust Company [BB&T].
Ledger is missing front pagers and cover titles. No author information available.
Online access to this finding aid is supported with funds created through the federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA). These funds come through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services which is administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the North Carolina Department of Cultural Resources. This grant is part of the North Carolina ECHO, Exploring Cultural Heritage Online, Digitization Grant Program.