Freedom Hill Wesleyan Church was built in 1848 near Snow Camp, when it was part of Chatham County. Freedom Hill was the first Wesleyan Methodist Church in the South. The people of Snow Camp harassed the church with musket fire because of its anti-slavery doctrine. Twelve bullet scars from are still on the doors of the church. The Wesleyan's remained steadfast in their beliefs. The church was moved to the Wesleyan Camp Grounds in Colfax, in western Guilford County in 1976.