Access to articles in regional publications that pertain to a wide range of North Carolina-related topics.

St. Clement's Colored Episcopal Church


Abstract:
Episcopal minister David D. Van Antwerp organized Beaufort's Parish of St. Paul's in the mid-1850s and shortly thereafter began missionary efforts to local Afro-Americans. He met with opposition, but continued his work, as did subsequent pastors. In 1887, St. Clement's Colored Episcopal Church was built. The church continued until 1967, when it united with the congregation at St. Paul's.
Source:
The Researcher (NoCar F 262 C23 R47), Vol. 13 Issue 1-4, 1997, p10-12
Record #:
5609