Access to articles in regional publications that pertain to a wide range of North Carolina-related topics.

Preserving Blackbeard's Lodge


Author(s):
Abstract:
Built in 1938 in Ocracoke and first known as the Wahab Village Hotel, Blackbeard's Lodge was once the place to stay. The building had electricity, a skating rink, the island's only movie theater, and an elegant dining room. However, the island's oldest hotel fell victim to neglect over the years. Today it has a new owner, who plans to restore it to its former life.
Source:
Record #:
4820
Full Text: