Articles in regional publications that pertain to a wide range of North Carolina-related topics.
A History of Mount Lebanon Chapel
In 1835, Thomas Henry Wright gave land on Wrightsville Sound to St. James Church in Wilmington on which to build Mt. Lebanon. Services were held on a regular basis starting in 1836. The chapel has been used and closed several times over the past 160 years. In 1974, it was restored and reopened on a regular basis.