Access to articles in regional publications that pertain to a wide range of North Carolina-related topics.

The Early Years of the North Carolina Museum of History


Abstract:
The North Carolina Museum of History was not called a museum until 1965. Prior to 1965 it was known as the Hall of History because it was merely a collection in a hall of the State Museum of Natural History. Colonel Fred A. Olds began collecting historic pieces in 1885 and eventually the collection grew in number by various collectors and agencies to warrant a completely separate building scheduled to open in 1990.
Source:
Record #:
16846