Access to articles in regional publications that pertain to a wide range of North Carolina-related topics.

The Tryon Toy-Makers


Author(s):
Abstract:
In 1915, Miss Charlotte Yale and Miss Eleanor Vance opened the Tryon Toy Shop at Tryon. It operated successfully until the Depression and then a fire which wiped out their equipment and patterns. The business was later taken over by Moss Guilbert in 1949 and later by Chuck Hearon in 1977.
Source:
Tar Heel Junior Historian (NoCar F 251 T3x), Vol. 23 Issue 1, Fall 1983, p17-19, il
Subject(s):
Record #:
16130
Full Text: