Access to articles in regional publications that pertain to a wide range of North Carolina-related topics.

St. Andrews Church


Author(s):
Abstract:
St. Andrews was an ante-bellum era church located in an obscure part of Rowan County near Woodleaf. Originally built on the highway between Salisbury and Mocksville, the church became deserted after the throughway moved and a new place of worship built in Woodleaf. The Episcopal Church in 1941 only served a congregation on the last Sunday in August, otherwise being closed for services. The small, simple wooden church was constructed in 1840 and all except the roof was original in 1941.
Source:
Record #:
15085
Full Text: