Access to articles in regional publications that pertain to a wide range of North Carolina-related topics.

The Dome of St. Lawrence


Abstract:
Originally constructed as a small wooden building in 1868, St. Lawrence Catholic Church in Asheville now draws travelers to see its great elliptical dome. The dome, measuring approximately 52 ft. x 82 ft., was made of tile in the Black Mountain kiln of Rafael Guastavino, the building's original architect.
Source:
Record #:
12688
Full Text: