Access to articles in regional publications that pertain to a wide range of North Carolina-related topics.

On Eastern Carolina Screens For a Quarter of a Century


Abstract:
Television came to Wilmington on April 9, 1954, when WFMD-TV, Channel 6, began broadcasting with a five-hour day. Ownership changed in 1957, when Atlantic Telecasting Corporation took over and changed the call letters to WECT. Broadcasting hours have increased to eighteen a day, and viewership has increased to over 600,000.
Source:
We the People of North Carolina (NoCar F 251 W4), Vol. 37 Issue 11, Nov 1979, p34-35, 221, il
Record #:
11834