SEARCH :
Historic Hope Plantation
The story of the Historic Hope Foundation, Inc. (HHF) is one of true grassroots participation. HHF was chartered February 2, 1965, by Bertie County citizens concerned about the fate of the decaying Hope Mansion. The group raised the funds to purchase the home and surrounding land and began the painstaking task of restoration. Seven years later, the furnished mansion opened to the public. HHF moved the 1763 King-Bazemore House to the site and opened it in 1986. The meticulous restoration of both houses has been widely celebrated, with awards from the N.C. Chapter of the AIA, the Historic Preservation Foundation of North Carolina, the N.C. General Assembly, and the American Association for State and Local History.

Museum Home Page


 
Abacus

 
Apothecary Bottle

 
Basket

 
Bed

 
Bed

 
Bed Warmer

 
Bedkey

 
Bedspread

 
Bedspread

 
Bedspread

 
Blanket Chest

 
Bowl

 
Cap

 
Cellarette

 
Chest on Frame

 
Coin

 
Corner Chair

 
Corner Cupboard

 
Corner Cupboard

 
Crib

 
Crutches

 
Curtains for Field Bed

 
Daybed

 
Desk

 
Desk

 
Doctor's Box

 
Dressing Table

 
Easy Chair

 
Embroidery Frame

 
Field Bed

 
Fire Screen

 
Globe

 
Kitchen

 
Ladder

 
Lancet

 
Meat-salting Trough

 
Medicine Chest

 
Mortar and Pestle

 
Sampler

 
Sheet

 
Sleeping Mat

 
Slippers

 
Smoke Shade

 
Spinning Wheel

 
Strainer

 
Trundle Bed

 
Trunk

 
Walker