This image appeared in the "Tobacco Department" column of the Eastern Reflector dated November 13, 1895. The article states that the tobacco barn was built by Jacob Joyner in February, 1886--the first tobacco barn ". . . east of the Wilmington & Weldon Railroad."
|Citation:||Henry T. King, Sketches of Pitt County: A Brief History of the County, 1704-1910 (Raleigh: Edwards & Broughton Printing Company, 1911), 176.|
|Location:||North Carolina Collection, Joyner Library, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 27858 USA|
|Call Number:||NoCar Ref F262 P6 K56 View Item in Digital Collections|