East Carolina Logo

St. Thomas Church Today, 2005

Notes:
Between 1936 and 1939, St. Thomas Church was stabilized and restored by the Bath Restoration Committee under the leadership of the church’s rector, the Reverend A. C. D. Noe. Its bulging walls were straightened, the foundation was reinforced, and the church received a new roof. Just as important, the Victorian era renovations were removed so that the church was once again much like it was when it had first been built—with the addition of electricity and modern heating and cooling.

The following pictures were taken by Adrienne Dunning Rea of East Carolina University.

Image(s) from Photograph
Image of Photograph:
Higher Resolution Image

next >>


Location: Special Collections, Joyner Library, East Carolina University
Call Number: Bath North Carolina Tercentenary Collection #1025.1.f.13-16
Collection: Bath North Carolina Tercentenary Collection


East Carolina University Logo Contact Us
Joyner Library
East Carolina University
East Fifth Street
Greenville, NC 27858-4353 USA
252.328.6518