From as early as 1914 with the Training School Quarterly, East Carolina University has a long history of generating publications that
reflect scholarship, news, and student life. This collection includes the yearbook, The Tecoan (1923-1952) and the Buccaneer (1953-),
student newspapers and broadsides, and other university publications such as Pieces O’ Eight, and alumni magazines. East Carolina's
student-run campus newspaper, The East Carolinian (1979-present) was first published in 1923 as the East Carolina Teachers College
News (1923-1925) and was renamed over the years as The Teco Echo (1926-1952), East Carolinian (1952-1969), Fountainhead (1969-1979).